SnowCAT at Carleton College (1/21/17, IS-162)

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Panayot Hitov
Wakka

SnowCAT at Carleton College (1/21/17, IS-162)

Post by Panayot Hitov »

Hello!

I am pleased to announce that Carleton College will be hosting our annual high school tournament, SnowCAT, on Saturday, January 21st, 2017 in scenic Northfield, Minnesota! We will hold this tournament in Olin Hall and the Language and Dining Center (LDC).

Here is the fee structure for our tournament:

Base fee: $90 per team
-$10 for a working quiz bowl buzzer system
-$10 per each moderator provided
-$50 for teams new to quiz bowl (MN Knowledge Bowl does not count — if you have only played Knowledge Bowl before you will still receive this discount)
-$10 for traveling over 100 miles to reach the tournament

Nationals Qualification: The top 15% of schools will qualify for NAQT's HSNCT, to be held over Memorial Day weekend in Atlanta. In addition, any small school (500 students grades 10-12) finishing in the top 30% of the field will qualify for NAQT's SSNCT, to be held in Chicago April 28-30.
I have not heard back from PACE yet, but I am expecting that at least the top 20% of the field should qualify for their NSC, to be held June 10-11 in Chicago.

We are currently instituting a cap of 18 teams, but will likely be open to taking teams from the wait list once we have a better idea of our staffer situation. In addition, there will also be a cap of 4 teams registered per school, with additional teams being placed on a wait list. Again, we anticipate being able to accept more teams.

Teams can register at any point up until January 19th through NAQT's website at this URL: https://www.naqt.com/registration/field ... nt_id=7798

Payment: We cannot and will not accept money orders, paypal, or credit cards. If you need an invoice, please email me. Checks should be made out to "Carleton Academic Quiz Team"

Lunch: There are many good options along Division St. and Rt. 3, both a short walk from campus.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me at kirkpATcarletonDOTedu.

Good luck in your seasons, and we look forward to seeing you in January!

Field (19/24):
Spectrum (2)
Mound Westonka (2)
Shattuck-St. Mary's (1)
Wayzata (5)
Eden Prairie (5)
Red Wing (2)
Mounds Park (1)
St. Paul Academy (1)
Last edited by Panayot Hitov on Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Paul Kirk-Davidoff
Oakland Mills High School '14
Carleton College '18
Panayot Hitov
Wakka

Re: SnowCAT at Carleton College (1/21/17, IS-162)

Post by Panayot Hitov »

Post has been updated with more info.
Paul Kirk-Davidoff
Carleton College '18
Panayot Hitov
Wakka

Post by Panayot Hitov »

The field has now been expanded to 24 teams!
Paul Kirk-Davidoff
Carleton College '18
Panayot Hitov
Wakka

Post by Panayot Hitov »

Prelim Stats are up. SPA ended up coming, then promptly dropping and turning around.
Paul Kirk-Davidoff
Carleton College '18
Panayot Hitov
Wakka

Post by Panayot Hitov »

Final Stats. Wayzata won its last playoff bracket game against EP Both teams decided to treat that as a final and went home.
Paul Kirk-Davidoff
Carleton College '18