Springstead Invitational-6/10/17 (Spring Hill, FL)

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Crazy Khan Tech
Wakka

Springstead Invitational-6/10/17 (Spring Hill, FL)

Post by Crazy Khan Tech »

Good afternoon coaches/players.

My name is Zachary Knecht and I am captain of Springstead High School's NAQT team in Spring Hill, FL. I am pleased to invite you to the Hernando County Academic Bowl, held on June 10 in Springstead High School.

My initial focus in hosting this tournament was to introduce the other Hernando County schools to quizbowl with a tournament that would be held at the end of the academic year; however, it has been several weeks and they have not responded, so we are opening this tournament up to anybody now.

The cost will be $20 per team (cash only) and we have a small field cap of 7 due to logistical constraints with the school, so we would appreciate it if you only bring one team. Lunch will not be provided, but there is a Publix, McDonald's, Taco Bell, etc. near the school, and we will break for lunch. Registration begins at 8:00 A.M. and the tournament will begin at 9:00, and should end no later than 4:00 P.M.

This will be a largely student run tournament with faculty oversight. Springstead's graduating seniors will be reading and scorekeeping, and I will be the tournament director.

This tournament will be using IS-166. Please feel free to forward this information to any team in central Florida that could feasibly make the drive here and has not heard IS-166. Note that anybody who has heard DII SCT or CCCT cannot play on this set due to similarities in their construction as per NAQT rules.

Our address is 3300 Mariner Blvd, Spring Hill FL 34609. If you have any questions, please ask! I look forward to hearing from any teams able to attend the tournament.
Zach Knecht (he/him/his)

University of Michigan '25
University of Florida '21
Crazy Khan Tech
Wakka

Re: Springstead Invitational-6/10/17 (Spring Hill, FL)

Post by Crazy Khan Tech »

Current field:

Springstead: 1-2
Buchholz: 2
South Fork: 1 (possibly)
Zach Knecht (he/him/his)

University of Michigan '25
University of Florida '21