Mass at NSC

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
dhumphreys17
Wakka

Mass at NSC

Post by dhumphreys17 »

To All Catholic Quizbowlers or Other Curious Individuals, Friends of the Catholic Faith:

Pending my reception of special dispensation from the Archdiocese of Chicago, Fr. Matthew Kowalski of St. Paul of the Cross Church in Park Ridge, IL will be saying Mass at NSC, 30 minutes following the completion of competition on Saturday. More details will be finalized with the publication of the Saturday schedule, but Sacred Heart Academy will be providing lectors, Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion, and some interceders (petition-readers). If anyone is interested in bearing the gifts or reading an intercession, please let me know. I have organized this due to Cistercian's decision not to attend NSC this year; this will ensure that the faithful will be able to hear Mass and receive Communion without going to the trouble of trying to squeak a Mass in either Saturday night or Sunday morning, nearly impossible with the schedule.

If you have any questions about this, please do not hesitate to PM me. Closer to the event, I can be reached at (989) - 424 - 8638 (obviously if I'm in the middle of a match I'll return your call later, but I'll have this phone on me at NSC).

A couple of updates: First, I have received this dispensation, and so has Fr. Kowalski. We're good to go on that front. Second, this event will be held on the Lobby Level in the Hartsfield room.

Another update: Mass will start at 6:45 PM.

Sincerely,

Devin Humphreys
Devin James John Humphreys
Sacred Heart Academy High School (MI), Class of 2017 - 2015 HSNCT, 2016 NSC, 2017 NSC
Michigan State University, B.A. Class of 2020
University of Notre Dame, J.D. Class of 2023 - standby 2023 ICT-DII; coach 2023-24