Tournaments in West Texas?

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
rcline
Lulu

Tournaments in West Texas?

Post by rcline »

I'm a new teacher trying to start a Quiz Bowl team and looking for tournaments in West Texas.

We're in Big Spring, between Midland/Odessa; Sweetwater/Abilene; Lubbock; and San Angelo.

There was apparently an Academic Challenge tournament until this year at an Abilene TV station (KTXS) but it has been canceled by the station because of cost.

I am thinking of possibly trying to host a tournament next year, 'cause we're smack in the middle of all these other fairly large towns, but I would like to get into the swing of things first by trying a tournament or two this year.

Since I have been unable to locate a live local tournament, the plan right now is to participate in QU's QuizNet this year and maybe do a "faculty vs. team" game in the spring.

Any other ideas?
Roger Cline
[email protected]
Big Spring High School
Big Spring, TX
fluffy4102
Wakka

Post by fluffy4102 »

You should talk to Chris Romero about itournaments. Very few school participate in tournaments out there, so unfortunately it looks like you may have to travel a bit to get to tournaments due to your remote location. some details here Chris's email is on there.[/url]
Zach Yeung
St. John's '08
Rice University '12
Biochemistry and Cell Biology and Political Science