Smiths Station Academic Challenge

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Cjh0024
Lulu

Smiths Station Academic Challenge

Post by Cjh0024 »

Coaches,

I would like to invite you to our 2nd Annual Smiths Station Academic Challenge. The Tournament will be hosted on October 21, 2017 at South Smiths Station Elementary School in Smiths Station, AL. The Tournament is looking to have divisions in Varsity (9-12), Junior Varsity (9-10), and Novice (Middle School and New High School Teams). If enough Middle Schools attend, we will have a separate Middle School Division. Question sets will be a mirrored set from another part of the country that will not be used within the Southeast. Teams will play 5 pool-play rounds followed by a lunch period and then the playoffs. Playoff teams will be determined by records, followed by head to head and points scored. Modified NAQT Rules will be used (No negs, No worksheets, Bounce-back bonus, 3 bonuses, and Powers). Lunch will be served on campus, with pizza plates for $5 (Coaches eat for free). Registration fee is $30 per team, with a buzzer discount ($5 per buzzer) and travel discount ($5 per 150 miles traveled). Another $5 will be discounted toward a team’s fees if you refer another school to attend the event. Multiple teams from each school are encouraged.
If you’re interested, let me know and I will send you a registration form. Please let me know if you’ll be attending ASAP. We can only host a certain number of teams, and a wait list may have to be utilized.

Hope everyone has a great season, and we hope to see you soon in Smiths Station!

User was reminded to enable a signature. --Mgmt.
Corey Harris
Arab Junior High School (AL)