Huskie Bowl @ NIU (Jan 27, 2018)

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Potatoes
Lulu

Huskie Bowl @ NIU (Jan 27, 2018)

Post by Potatoes »

Hello all,

I am pleased to announce that Northern Illinois University will be hosting our annual Huskie Bowl tournament on January 27, 2018. I, Alec Krueger, will serve as tournament director, and the tournament will run on the WHAQ set II. More information on the set can be found here. We would like to thank the WHAQ editing crew and writers for allowing us to use their set again.

Building and parking information will be made available closer to the tournament date.

Registration
To register for this event, please contact me at [email protected] with your team name, number of teams of that you are bringing, and buzzer/staffer/laptop/travel discount information. Due to our low initial cap of 16 total teams, schools wishing to register more than 2 teams will have their C, D, etc. teams will be waitlisted until January 6, 2018. Note also that there is a roster limit of 6 players per team

Fees and payment
The fee structure for the tournament is:
$80 base fee per team
-$10 per additional team from one school
-$5 per functional buzzer brought (Maximum 2 per school)
-$15 per approved staffer provided; (TD must approve all staffers, staffers should bring a laptop)

Teams that cannot afford the entry fee are encouraged to contact me to discuss possible further discounts.

Checks shall be made payable to “NIU Quiz Bowl Association” and may be brought the day of or mailed in advance to the following address:

Campus Life Building
1425 W Lincoln Hwy, Suite 180
DeKalb, IL 60115

If a payment cannot be made in advance or on the day of the tournament per district requirements/regulations, please let me know. Invoices and/or receipts will be provided per request.

Additional information
There is an initial field cap of 16 teams. This may be expanded upon securing additional moderators. Moderators will be provided with breakfast and lunch. If you are interested in reading for this event, please let me know, we’d be very happy to have you.
Last edited by Potatoes on Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:28 am, edited 5 times in total.
Alec Krueger
NIU '16
NIU '18
Potatoes
Lulu

Re: Huskie Bowl @ NIU (Jan 27, 2018)

Post by Potatoes »

Field (18/18)
Wheaton Academy A
Wheaton Academy B
Timothy Christian
Sterling A
Sterling B
Winnebago
Loyola A
Loyola B
Fremd A
Fremd B
Fremd C
Fremd D
Centennial
Byron
Boylan
Kaneland
Rolling Meadows
Barrington

Wait list
Keith
Last edited by Potatoes on Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:31 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Alec Krueger
NIU '16
NIU '18
Potatoes
Lulu

Post by Potatoes »

With a few drops and teams registering, we stand at 9 teams in the field.
Alec Krueger
NIU '16
NIU '18
Potatoes
Lulu

Post by Potatoes »

Only a few days left until we open up the field to C,D teams.
Alec Krueger
NIU '16
NIU '18
Potatoes
Lulu

Post by Potatoes »

We've expanded to 18 teams.
Alec Krueger
NIU '16
NIU '18
Potatoes
Lulu

Post by Potatoes »

Stats are being posted here.
Alec Krueger
NIU '16
NIU '18
Potatoes
Lulu

Post by Potatoes »

Congratulations to Fremd A, who went undefeated en route to 1st place. Also congrats to Barrington and Fremd B, who placed 2nd and 3rd respectively.

A huge thanks goes to our wonderful staff: Bard Fischer, Denise Kreb, Mike Laudermith, Basedanna Phillips, Benj Phillips, Mike Sorice, Kraken Anne Strey, Tyler Vaughan, Mike Whitey, and Luke Wigtil. Especially big thanks to Tyler, who stepped in to staff after a last minute cancellation.
Alec Krueger
NIU '16
NIU '18