Announce: North Carolina Pansonic team selection (2006 only)

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
First Chairman
Auron

Announce: North Carolina Pansonic team selection (2006 only)

Post by First Chairman »

For the time being, an all-state commendation for the "North Carolina" team will be selected based upon individual statistics from the tournaments held up to the Duke Academic Festival. I know that there are many teams that cannot compete at ALL the events, so I will do the best that I can with the statistics and game formats that I get. Individual statistics from all tournaments held in the 2005-2006 will be considered, with slightly more weight placed on more recent performances. I will consider a minimum of three "best" performances, and I will certainly be flexible with the variable formats that each competition runs (as much as I know about it).

The decision will certainly not be exclusively my own. I will likely ask a panel to assist in the selection process. The makeup of the panel will be revealed after the selection has been made. Ideally, the announcement will be made in mid April.

Separately I am trying to see where we could get a financial committment to send a team to Panasonic. Hopefully we can get this all squared away before April 1.
Emil Thomas Chuck, Ph.D.
Founder, PACE
Facebook junkie and unofficial advisor to aspiring health professionals in quiz bowl
---
Pimping Green Tea Ginger Ale (Canada Dry)