Anderson Buzzers

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
quiz4life
Lulu

Anderson Buzzers

Post by quiz4life »

Hi All,
Does anyone know if there are any problems with the Anderson buzzer company? My school sent them an email over a week ago and we have not heard a thing.
We are looking to order two buzzers systems. Calling is fiddicult because the time they open the school has been closed for hours.
Thanks,
Michael Harvey
American Community School
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Stained Diviner
Auron

Post by Stained Diviner »

Our Coaches Association communicated with them over the summer using the email address on their website.
jrbarry
Tidus

Post by jrbarry »

I have been buying buzzer systems since the 1980s. Anderson buzzers are simply the best, all things considered. Best price. Simplest to fix. Quickest turnaround in repairs. Reasonable price for repairs.

Brookwood now owns 3, 10-player systems and 2-16-player ANDERSON SYSTEMS. ACE owns 8 Anderson systems and all have been very durable.
Zip Zap Rap Pants
Yuna

Post by Zip Zap Rap Pants »

SVBZ buzzers are cheaper I believe. Very simple but they work fine and so far I've had no repair problems (though we'll see how long that lasts). Only $120 for an 8 player set (with a 4 year replacement/repair gaurantee!). The only big problem is that they don't plug into the wall and instead run off of a 9 volt battery, which might make some TD's nervous about the battery running out in the middle of the game. Supposedly you can go through thousands of buzzes without changing the battery though, and we haven't changed it yet. Anyway, for details:

http://www.svbz.com
Matt Weiner
Sin

Post by Matt Weiner »

Matt Morrison wrote:SVBZ buzzers are cheaper I believe. Very simple but they work fine and so far I've had no repair problems (though we'll see how long that lasts). Only $120 for an 8 player set (with a 4 year replacement/repair gaurantee!). The only big problem is that they don't plug into the wall and instead run off of a 9 volt battery, which might make some TD's nervous about the battery running out in the middle of the game. Supposedly you can go through thousands of buzzes without changing the battery though, and we haven't changed it yet. Anyway, for details:

I put a couple of extra batteries in the case to avoid this situation, I suggest you do the same.
grapesmoker
Sin

Post by grapesmoker »

Matt Weiner wrote:
Matt Morrison wrote:SVBZ buzzers are cheaper I believe. Very simple but they work fine and so far I've had no repair problems (though we'll see how long that lasts). Only $120 for an 8 player set (with a 4 year replacement/repair gaurantee!). The only big problem is that they don't plug into the wall and instead run off of a 9 volt battery, which might make some TD's nervous about the battery running out in the middle of the game. Supposedly you can go through thousands of buzzes without changing the battery though, and we haven't changed it yet. Anyway, for details:

I put a couple of extra batteries in the case to avoid this situation, I suggest you do the same.
Or you can just solder them up to a standard DC power supply if you like. Just measure the current they draw and buy the appropriate adapter.
Zip Zap Rap Pants
Yuna

Post by Zip Zap Rap Pants »

Matt:
I do, actually.

Jerry:
We have a player who knew exactly what to buy and solder when he looked at the system, but he didn't feel like spending the money unless he had too.

I don't really foresee any big problems with the battery system, I just though it was worth mentioning as an unusual aspect of SVBZ buzzers when comparing them to Anderson/others.
quiz4life
Lulu

Post by quiz4life »

Thanks to those who have replied to my email about Anderson Buzzer's. My main focus was not the buzzers themselves but the company. We want to order two buzzer systems but they do not answer their. If anyone is in the area and feels like giving them a call to see if they are still in business. We are going to try them on Monday well I hope so.
Thanks,
Michael
PS-the other system sounds pretty good particuarly since it just requires a battery...