Round Report on Stats

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
AKKOLADE
Sin

Round Report on Stats

Post by AKKOLADE »

Hi everyone!

Round report on statistics in SQBS are an amazing thing. They let you compare the conversion of a particular round to the conversion of another particular round, and that is useful! So, if you're putting stats up, please make sure to enable these.

However, if you see a set of stats where someone has not enabled round report, you don't have to post in that thread to request round report! This gets really annoying, especially when it happens in practically every single thread. Try contacting the user by PM or email!

Thanks!
Fred Morlan
University of Kentucky CoP, 2017
International Quiz Bowl Tournaments, CEO, co-owner
former PACE member, president, etc.
former hsqbrank manager, former NAQT writer & subject editor, former hsqb Administrator/Chief Administrator
Mike Bentley
Sin

Re: Round Report on Stats

Post by Mike Bentley »

It would probably be more productive to just get this enabled by default in SQBS. Anyone know if the developer is still working on the project at all?
Mike Bentley
Treasurer, Partnership for Academic Competition Excellence
Adviser, Quizbowl Team at University of Washington
University of Maryland, Class of 2008
urbanpf
Lulu

Post by urbanpf »

Quick question - are there any programs like SQBS that are available for MAC platform/format?

Peter Urban
Head Coach
Millburn HS
Millburn, NJ
Peter Urban
Coach In Retirement
Millburn High School
Millburn, NJ 07041
Golran
Auron

Post by Golran »

Avram wrote a web based statistics program which can be found here. Contact him for more details and if you want to use it.
Drayer the Slayer
currently unaffiliated
Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN)
Chairman of Anti-Music Mafia Committee

Post by Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN) »

I think there are ways to run Windows on a Mac, which would probably be less complicated than trying to learn how to use Avram's code-based system.
Charlie Dees, North Kansas City HS '08
"I won't say more because I know some of you parse everything I say." - Jeremy Gibbs

"At one TJ tournament the neg prize was the Hampshire College ultimate frisbee team (nude) calender featuring one Evan Silberman. In retrospect that could have been a disaster." - Harry White
Golran
Auron

Post by Golran »

But significantly more expensive. I actually think using his system is easier than SQBS; there is no coding involved from the user, and stats can be entered from any computer with an internet connection.
Drayer the Slayer
currently unaffiliated
fluffy4102
Wakka

Post by fluffy4102 »

dinoian wrote:But significantly more expensive. I actually think using his system is easier than SQBS; there is no coding involved from the user, and stats can be entered from any computer with an internet connection.
Virtual Box + copy of windows 7 (30 bucks for students)
Zach Yeung
St. John's '08
Rice University '12
Biochemistry and Cell Biology and Political Science
Avram
Lulu

Post by Avram »

dinoian wrote:Avram wrote a web based statistics program which can be found here. Contact him for more details and if you want to use it.
The project page is actually http://code.google.com/p/qbsql/, and it's certainly not necessary to contact me for information or permission before using QBSQL, although I'm glad to help if someone has questions. If you would like to have your next tournament's stats hosted on http://quizbowl.gimranov.com/, then you will need to let me know so I can set up a tournament for you.

Also, QBSQL has round report built in to the Round Summaries page, although that feature isn't in the 0.5.3 release on the Google Code downloads page; anyone installing will need to grab those revisions from the repository.
Avram Lyon
Kazan Federal University '11
UCLA '14 (or so)
Grinnell '06
Avram
Lulu

Post by Avram »

Avram wrote:Also, QBSQL has round report built in to the Round Summaries page, although that feature isn't in the 0.5.3 release on the Google Code downloads page; anyone installing will need to grab those revisions from the repository.
The current QBSQL 0.6.1 release (http://qbsql.googlecode.com/files/qbsql-0.6.1.zip) now includes Round Summaries by default. It also has basic error checking and data validation.
Avram Lyon
Kazan Federal University '11
UCLA '14 (or so)
Grinnell '06
Cody
2008-09 Male Athlete of the Year

Post by Cody »

Could try using WINE, works fine under WINE in Linux.

How to Install WINE on Mac
Cody Voight, VCU ’14.
Kouign Amann
Forums Staff: Moderator

Post by Kouign Amann »

SirT wrote:Could try using WINE, works fine under WINE in Linux.

How to Install WINE on Mac
Confirming that this does indeed work.
Aidan Mehigan
St. Anselm's Abbey School '12
Columbia University '16 | University of Oxford '17 | UPenn GSE '19