Prelim Announcement: TERD

Old college threads.
Cheynem
Sin

Prelim Announcement: TERD

Post by Cheynem »

I plan on writing TERD [Trash Everyone Really Dislikes]. It will feature 12 packets of 20/20 questions. It will more or less follow a regular distribution, but no one will like the questions on video games, music, movies, or television. I plan to have a decent amount of time in the summer to work on this assuming I pass prelims (if I don't, then I'm probably dropping out of school anyway, so who cares). This should be finished by the time later summer tournaments rolls around.

EDIT: If you would like to write some stuff, please contact me and if they seem dislikeable enough, it will appear.
Mike Cheyne
Formerly U of Minnesota

"You killed HSAPQ"--Matt Bollinger
Cheynem
Sin

Re: Prelim Announcement: TERD

Post by Cheynem »

Here is my distribution. For those who wish to submit questions, just go ahead and e-mail them to me and I may use them. This tournament is vaguely vanity, so if your questions do not match my unlikeable interests, they may be edited or dropped, so fair warning.

20/20 Total
4/4 Sports
4/4 Movies
4/4 TV
4/4 Music
1/1 Video Games
1/1 Comics
1/1 Other
1/1 Cultural Studies/Historiography
Mike Cheyne
Formerly U of Minnesota

Coelacanth
Rikku

Post by Coelacanth »

Cheynem wrote:no one will like the questions on video games
So, pretty much like every other tournament I've ever been to.

Very much looking forward to this. I may chip in some questions...nobody likes the ones I write either.
Brian Weikle
I say what it occurs to me to say when I think I hear people say things. More, I cannot say.
Cheynem
Sin

Post by Cheynem »

So I'm making decent headway on this and think it will be finished probably by August. Is there a later summer tournament planned that this could possibly get attached to?

The most eccentric aspects of the distribution so far appear to be video games, music, and basketball as I have pretty limited niche interests in all three. I don't plan on charging a whole lot for this in compensation.
Mike Cheyne
Formerly U of Minnesota

alexdz
Rikku

Post by alexdz »

I'm thinking about running something at the beginning of August in Colorado while I'm there for the Linguistics Institute, and I'd be happy to consider this as a side event. If my thing gets off the ground, I'll let you know.
Alex Dzurick
====
Owner/Editor, SAGES Quizbowl Questions
Middle school teacher, Rohan Woods School
====
South Callaway '08 -- Mizzou '12 -- Illinois '17
SCMS coach '12-'13 -- EFIP coach '20-'21 -- RWS coach '22-present
adosreme
Rikku

Post by adosreme »

You might want to ask the McMaster folks, since Jeff Goldblum, if it is happening this year, should be around this time
Aaron Dos Remedios
Formerly of the Waterloo School of Abstruse Canadian Inside Jokes (University of Waterloo)
Cheynem
Sin

Post by Cheynem »

In case you haven't checked the other threads, this is now attached to VCU Open as the Sunday event (and is less eccentric). It is being mirrored at least at Michigan and Maryland and possibly elsewhere and is available for other mirrors. Hope folks still drop by to play.
Mike Cheyne
Formerly U of Minnesota