ACF Fall at Truman State

Old college threads.
JMAC the Chef
Lulu

ACF Fall at Truman State

Post by JMAC the Chef »

The following is information regarding ACF Fall at Truman State

ACF Fall will be held at Truman State University in Kirksville, MO on Saturday, November 5, 2010. Check-in will begin at 8:30 am, play will begin at 9:00 am, and the tournament will be located in Baldwin Hall.

The base fee for teams is $120. Several discounts are available:

• $5 off for each working buzzer set.
• $10 off for each staffer.
• $5 for a laptop (1 per team)
• $10 off for every 200 miles you traveled (as determined by google maps)
• $25 for every team that is new to ACF
• $75 off for every team that is new to quizbowl.
• $50 off for high school teams

Minimum fee: $0

Packet submission discounts and penalties are as follows:

Packet submitted before 11:59 PM on:
Oct 10, 2010: No penalty (-$25 for teams not required to submit packets)
Oct 17, 2010: +$25
Oct 24, 2010: +$50
After Oct. 24, 2010: The editors may grant one or more 24-hour extensions at an additional penalty of $10 per day.

Please refer to the packet submission guidelines posted on the following pages:
Fees and Packet Requirements: http://www.acf-quizbowl.com/documents/packetsub.php
Formatting: http://www.acf-quizbowl.com/documents/formatting.php
ACF Fall Announcement Page: http://www.acf-quizbowl.com/acf_fall_2010.php

Additional information:
Driving directions: Kirksville is located on Hwy. 63 about 1.5 hours north of Columbia, MO. Driving time from the St. Louis or Kansas City is about 3 hours; roughly 5-6 hours from the Chicago area. The address to the university is 100 E Normal, Kirksville MO, 63501. Parking and hotel accommodations are plentiful.

Food: There are various options for breakfast and lunch on and off campus.

Payment: Please make checks payable to "Academic Competition Organization." Cash will also be accepted.

If you are interested in attending, please post here or email me at [email protected] or Kevin Robb at [email protected] with the number of teams, buzzers, moderators, etc. that you will be bringing.

We hope to see you at the tournament on November 5th. You stay classy quizbowl.

Jared McNett
Truman State University
Academic Competition Organization, President
Jared McNett

Truman State University Class of 2013
TSU Academic Competition Organization President
Wu-Enthusiast

"I believe in God and I certainly believe in the Devil. There's certainly a Devil and he knows my name."- Daniel Johnston
JMAC the Chef
Lulu

Re: ACF Fall at Truman State

Post by JMAC the Chef »

Correction to the above information, you can actually contact me at [email protected] NOT jmw. Sorry for any confusion that may have caused.
Jared McNett

Wu-Enthusiast

"I believe in God and I certainly believe in the Devil. There's certainly a Devil and he knows my name."- Daniel Johnston
JMAC the Chef
Lulu

Post by JMAC the Chef »

FIELD UPDATE

University of Tulsa- 1 Team
Jared McNett

Wu-Enthusiast

Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN)
Chairman of Anti-Music Mafia Committee

Post by Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN) »

MU for sure has a single team coming.
Charlie Dees, North Kansas City HS '08
"I won't say more because I know some of you parse everything I say." - Jeremy Gibbs

"At one TJ tournament the neg prize was the Hampshire College ultimate frisbee team (nude) calender featuring one Evan Silberman. In retrospect that could have been a disaster." - Harry White
1992 in spaceflight
Auron

Post by 1992 in spaceflight »

Stats for the initial round robin can be found here: http://hsquizbowl.org/db/tournaments/79 ... _robin%29/
Jacob O'Rourke
Washington (MO) HS Assistant Coach (2014-Present); MOQBA Secretary (2015-Present)
Formerly: AQBL Administrator (2020-2023); HSAPQ Host Contact; NASAT Outreach Coordinator (2016 and 2017); Kirksville HS Assistant Coach (2012-2014); Truman State '14; and Pacific High (MO) '10

Like MOQBA on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!
1992 in spaceflight
Auron

Post by 1992 in spaceflight »

Standings from the final round robin: http://www.hsquizbowl.org/db/tournament ... _robin%29/

EDIT: Combined stats from both round robins are here: http://www.hsquizbowl.org/db/tournament ... ned_stats/
Jacob O'Rourke
Washington (MO) HS Assistant Coach (2014-Present); MOQBA Secretary (2015-Present)
Formerly: AQBL Administrator (2020-2023); HSAPQ Host Contact; NASAT Outreach Coordinator (2016 and 2017); Kirksville HS Assistant Coach (2012-2014); Truman State '14; and Pacific High (MO) '10

Like MOQBA on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!
JMAC the Chef
Lulu

Post by JMAC the Chef »

Thanks again to every that attended ACF Fall at Truman State. By-in-large it ran very well and we had a great, fairly competitive tournament. Full stats can be found in the links that Jacob has provided up above. If you have any questions about the stats, feel free to contact me either on here or at my email which I believe is listed above and will get back to you as soon as I can. One more time, thank you very much to those of you who attended, it obviously could not have happened without you.
Jared McNett

Wu-Enthusiast