DEES Online Mirror Poll

Old college threads.

Which date would you prefer for the online mirror of DEES?

Poll ended at Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:51 am

December 20, 2014
42%
January 3rd, 2015
50%
Either is fine
8%

Total votes: 12

Victor Prieto
Auron

DEES Online Mirror Poll

Post by Victor Prieto »

Hello,

I would like to see an online mirror of DEES sometime in December or January, but there are only a couple viable dates right now that I could direct. Which would people prefer?

Thanks!
Victor Prieto
Secretary, PACE
Tower Hill School '11 | Rice University '15 | Penn State University '21
Writer: NAQT (2019-present) | Writer, Editor: HSAPQ (2013-2016)
Member (and lots of other stuff): PACE (2015-present)
Ewan MacAulay
Lulu

Re: DEES Online Mirror Poll

Post by Ewan MacAulay »

Will teams have to be comprised of players from a single university?
Ewan MacAulay
Oxford 2015
Cambridge 2018
Victor Prieto
Auron

Post by Victor Prieto »

Ewan MacAulay wrote:Will teams have to be comprised of players from a single university?
Wasabi wrote:Teams consisting entirely of players not enrolled in an institution will be allowed to play, but teams consisting of members attending from two or more institutions will not, nor will teams consisting of players that are not currently enrolled in an institution plus players that are enrolled in an institution. By enrolled in an institution, I basically mean eligible to play an NAQT or ACF tournament, and by institution, I mean either college or high school.
So, the answer to your question is yes, if the players on the team in question are eligible to play an ACF tournament. If they are ineligible to play an ACF tournament (i.e. they've graduated), then they may play together on a team comprised with other players similarly ineligible, but those teammates do not necessarily need to have all graduated from the same university.
Victor Prieto
Secretary, PACE
ryanrosenberg
Auron

Post by ryanrosenberg »

Wasabi wrote:
Ewan MacAulay wrote:Will teams have to be comprised of players from a single university?
Wasabi wrote:Teams consisting entirely of players not enrolled in an institution will be allowed to play, but teams consisting of members attending from two or more institutions will not, nor will teams consisting of players that are not currently enrolled in an institution plus players that are enrolled in an institution. By enrolled in an institution, I basically mean eligible to play an NAQT or ACF tournament, and by institution, I mean either college or high school.
So, the answer to your question is yes, if the players on the team in question are eligible to play an ACF tournament. If they are ineligible to play an ACF tournament (i.e. they've graduated), then they may play together on a team comprised with other players similarly ineligible, but those teammates do not necessarily need to have all graduated from the same university.
Considering that both the proposed dates are over most universities' winter break, will all the players on one team have to be in the same physical location?
Ryan Rosenberg
North Carolina '16
ACF
Victor Prieto
Auron

Post by Victor Prieto »

The Predictable Consequences wrote: Considering that both the proposed dates are over most universities' winter break, will all the players on one team have to be in the same physical location?
Good point! Skype events seem to have run fine in previous years with nine people connected, so no, they will not need to be at the same physical location.
Victor Prieto
Secretary, PACE