MUT at WKU (05/02/2015)

Old college threads.
Rococo A Go Go
Auron

MUT at WKU (05/02/2015)

Post by Rococo A Go Go »

The WKU Academic Competition Club will be hosting a mirror of the Minnesota Undergraduate Tournament (MUT) in Bowling Green, KY on May 2, 2015. This tournament is aimed at collegiate academic teams and high performing high school teams in the southeast region.

The tournament will likely take place in Cherry Hall on the Western Kentucky University campus, at the very top of the hill on College Heights Blvd. Parking is available right across the street in the College Hill Lot.

Eligibility
As the name of the tournament implies, this tournament is only open to undergraduate and high school students, not graduate students. Undergraduate means anyone with no bachelor's degree (or equivalent degree, or greater degree); students in their fifth (or greater) year of college are still eligible to play if they meet this condition.

Registration & fees:
base fee: $100 per team
buzzer discount: -$10 (max: 2)
moderator discount: -$10 (max: 2)
travel discount: -$10 per 200 miles one-way as determined by Google Maps

The minimum fee is $50.

To register, you must e-mail us at [email protected] with the number of teams, buzzers, and staffers you intend to bring. Please provide payment on the morning of the tournament, preferably by cash or a check made out to "WKU Academic Competition Club." Teams who do not pay on the day of the tournament may be subject to a late fee of $25.

I'll have more info on format and logistics as we approach the tournament, but if you've been to a tournament at WKU before expect a similar experience. Registration will probably start at 8 AM, and the tournament will be over by dinner. The field is currently capped at 16 teams, although I expect this to change in the next few months as we approach the event. To register, email us at [email protected]
Nicholas C
KQBA member
Rococo A Go Go
Auron

Re: MUT at WKU (05/02/2015)

Post by Rococo A Go Go »

Right now we have some semblances of a field forming. Tomorrow or Monday I'll try to email some more teams to figure out exactly what our field will look like. Right now I have:

Field
Louisville (1 teams)
Vanderbilt (1 team)
Wright State (1 team)
WKU (1 team)
Last edited by Rococo A Go Go on Fri May 01, 2015 9:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nicholas C
KQBA member
Rococo A Go Go
Auron

Post by Rococo A Go Go »

I'm bumping this to point out that we're hosting MUT in less than two weeks in Bowling Green, KY. There are a lot of teams within a 8 hour drive of our campus who have yet to play this tournament (basically everybody in the states of Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama, and Georgia and parts of Missouri) so we're letting people know that we have plenty of room in the field for anybody interested in hearing what appears to be a wonderful set.

To register, email [email protected]
Nicholas C
KQBA member
Rococo A Go Go
Auron

Post by Rococo A Go Go »

Vanderbilt won this tournament, with Wright State finishing 2nd. Emily Bingham was the top scorer. Stats here: http://www.hsquizbowl.org/db/tournament ... /all_games
Nicholas C
KQBA member