Apology

Old college threads.
bradleykirksey
Wakka

Apology

Post by bradleykirksey »

About a week ago I made a very stupid post on the forums. It wasn’t well thought out or organized and honestly was more the work of alcohol than actual brain functioning.

I made a reference to a post that I never saw and apparently never happened on the forums. I thought and said that that a post had "someone telling someone else he hoped she got raped." That post apparently never happened and I regret saying it, not just because it was factually wrong, but also because it distracted a lot away from what I felt like was a valid conversation, and because the very hardworking moderating staff took it as a personal slight, which I never meant to happen ever.

If my post had been better thought out or organized, it might have said a lot less about “vitriol” on the boards (which I apparently didn’t help with) and a lot more about how the banter on the forums can be a very good thing for the quiz bowl community at large in terms of recruiting and getting more teams involved rather than showing up to one SCT and never again. And that wouldn’t be possible without the forums or the moderators who run then.

Again, I’m sorry that I brought up a post that I never saw and apparently wasn’t anything like I thought it was, I’m sorry that my post got personal and stupid, I’m sorry for the stupid and poorly thought out post, and I’m sorry I was a jackass in general.
Bradley Kirksey
Mayor of quiz bowl at the University of Central Florida (2010-2015)
The club at Reformed Theology Seminary Orlando (2017 - 2021)