In need of good moderators

Old college threads.
Nick
Wakka

In need of good moderators

Post by Nick »

The National History Bee and Bowl's Middle School Division is still looking for the last handful of moderators for our 2015 National Finals event in Louisville, Kentucky next weekend (Memorial Day weekend). If you have experience moderating, and would be able/interested in volunteering your time on either Friday, Saturday, or Sunday, please contact me at nick (at) historybee.com for more details. We appreciate your consideration.
Nick
Rococo A Go Go
Auron

Re: In need of good moderators

Post by Rococo A Go Go »

Nick wrote:The National History Bee and Bowl's Middle School Division is still looking for the last handful of moderators for our 2015 National Finals event in Louisville, Kentucky next weekend (Memorial Day weekend). If you have experience moderating, and would be able/interested in volunteering your time on either Friday, Saturday, or Sunday, please contact me at nick (at) historybee.com for more details. We appreciate your consideration.
I would like to go on record as saying that contacting the local college teams only 8 days before the event was probably not a good decision. I think there would be more interest in helping out had we known something more concrete before the week prior to the event,
Nicholas C
KQBA member
AKKOLADE
Sin

Post by AKKOLADE »

I want to back Nick up on this. It's pretty assumptive and insulting to request any local staffers the week of the tournament.
Fred Morlan
University of Kentucky CoP, 2017
International Quiz Bowl Tournaments, CEO, co-owner
former PACE member, president, etc.
former hsqbrank manager, former NAQT writer & subject editor, former hsqb Administrator/Chief Administrator
merv1618
Tidus

Post by merv1618 »

Stefan HSQBRankovich wrote:I want to back Nick up on this. It's pretty assumptive and insulting to request any local staffers the week of the tournament.
I don't know anything about what kind of preparation went in to the event, but what else are you going to do if you're down staffers the week of a major tournament for whatever reason? People throw out last minute calls for staffers all the time.
Adam Sperber
Hickman '10
Northwestern B '14
Loyola (inactive) '21

" 'Yay, more Adam Sperber' --Nobody " --Cody Voight