ACF Fall at UNC-Chapel Hill (11/7/15)

Old college threads.
ryanrosenberg
Auron

ACF Fall at UNC-Chapel Hill (11/7/15)

Post by ryanrosenberg »

Hello!

I am pleased to announce the Southern Mid-Atlantic site of ACF Fall 2015, to be held at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill on Saturday, November 7th, 2015. ACF Fall is the year's premier introductory-level collegiate quizbowl tournament, and we do hope that you join us at this event.

The tournament will be held in Dey Hall. I can't provide exact logistical information until the time of the UNC-Duke football game is released, but expect the tournament to start around 9 am.

Registration
Registration for this event has two steps:
First, please write to us at [email protected] with team name, number, and buzzer/staffer information.
Second, fill out the central ACF Fall registration form at this site with all relevant information.

Fees
Base fee: $120 for one team from a school, $240 for two teams from a school, etc.
Buzzer systems*: -$5 each
Staffers: -$10 each No maximum.
Laptop: -$5 each Maximum 1 per team.
Travel: -$10 per 200 miles traveled one way
International**: -$20
New to ACF teams***: -$25
New quizbowl teams****: -$75

* No discount for broken buzzers; no maximum.
** For teams representing schools located in a different country than the tournament host.
*** For schools which haven't played an ACF tournament between September 2013 and August 2015, and have no one on the team(s) claiming this discount who played those tournaments for another school.
**** For schools which did not send a team to any regular collegiate academic tournament since September 2013, and have no one on the team(s) claiming this discount who played those tournaments for another school. May be combined with new ACF team discount for a total new-team discount of $100.

Packet Discounts/Penalties
Any team with at least one person on it who played a regular, collegiate, academic quizbowl tournament prior to September 1, 2014 is required to submit a packet. High school players attending high school-only sites are included in this definition and are subject to the same discounts and penalties as college teams.

Half-packet templates will be sent out to your team after you have submitted the registration form. If you have questions on the submission guidelines, email them to [email protected] and they'll clarify.

Please submit packets to [email protected] and use “ACF Fall 2015: [Team Name]” in the subject line.

Submission schedule
11.59 PM PST September 13: -$30
11.59 PM PST September 27: -$15 (-$30 if optional)
11.59 PM PST October 11: no penalty (-$25 if optional)
11.59 PM PST October 18: +$25
11.59 PM PST October 25: +$50
After October 25: +$10/day until October 31; teams who are required to submit a packet and do not submit one by November 1 will not be allowed to play.

Payment
Payment for ACF Fall will be processed through the ACF treasurer, Gautam Kandlikar. He will get in touch with you about how much your team owes, how to pay for the tournament, etc. Please contact Gautam with any questions regarding payment.

Note Regarding High School Teams
High school teams are no longer allowed to compete in Collegiate ACF Fall events.

For more information, refer to the Global Announcement of ACF Fall 2015 or email the editors at [email protected].

Field: (28)
Clemson
College of Charleston A
Duke A
Duke B
Duke C
Georgia A
Georgia B
Georgia C
Liberty A
Liberty B
Liberty C
North Carolina State A
North Carolina State B
South Carolina A
South Carolina B
VCU A
VCU B
VCU C
VCU D
Virginia A
Virginia B
Virginia C
Virginia D
Virginia E
Virginia Tech A
Virginia Tech B
Wofford A
Wofford B

Waiting List:
Last edited by ryanrosenberg on Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:03 am, edited 8 times in total.
Ryan Rosenberg
North Carolina '16
ACF
ryanrosenberg
Auron

Re: ACF Fall at UNC-Chapel Hill (11/7/15)

Post by ryanrosenberg »

The field has been updated above. Just a reminder, your registration is not complete until you email [email protected] with the number of teams, buzzers, and staff that you are bringing.
Ryan Rosenberg
North Carolina '16
ACF
Coach Jim
Lulu

Post by Coach Jim »

*edited
Last edited by Coach Jim on Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jim Nutter
QB Coach
Liberty University
Big South champions (2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017, & 2018)
QB Nationals (2014, 2015, & 2021)
ryanrosenberg
Auron

Post by ryanrosenberg »

21 teams have now registered for this site of ACF Fall. Our field cap is 24, so please register ASAP if you plan on coming!
Ryan Rosenberg
North Carolina '16
ACF
ryanrosenberg
Auron

Post by ryanrosenberg »

The field for this site of ACF Fall is now full. I've started a waiting list and will look into whether or not we'll have enough staff to expand the field.
Ryan Rosenberg
North Carolina '16
ACF
ryanrosenberg
Auron

Post by ryanrosenberg »

The field has been expanded to 28 teams and is full again as all teams have been taken off the wait list. I will continue to maintain a wait list in case of drops or further field expansion, so please register if you're interested in playing this site of ACF Fall!
Ryan Rosenberg
North Carolina '16
ACF
Huntur
Lulu

Post by Huntur »

Could you please recommend parking near the game site that will not incur a significant cost due to the Duke-UNC game or get me towed on a game day?
Brian Mongilio
Virginia Tech '16, Treasurer 2011-Present
Parkersburg South (WV) '11
ryanrosenberg
Auron

Post by ryanrosenberg »

Huntur wrote:Could you please recommend parking near the game site that will not incur a significant cost due to the Duke-UNC game or get me towed on a game day?
This map shows public parking on UNC football game days. Unfortunately, most are $10 for all-day parking, although the Cameron-Graham lot is reasonably close and only $5.

A logistical email has just been sent out to all teams, please let me know if you did not get it.
Ryan Rosenberg
North Carolina '16
ACF
ryanrosenberg
Auron

Post by ryanrosenberg »

Stats through Round 4 are up.
Ryan Rosenberg
North Carolina '16
ACF
ryanrosenberg
Auron

Post by ryanrosenberg »

Duke A defeated VCU A 295-290 in the first game of an advantaged final to win. Virginia A was third and captured the DII title.

Stats will be up later tonight.
Ryan Rosenberg
North Carolina '16
ACF
ryanrosenberg
Auron

Post by ryanrosenberg »

Combined stats are now up. There's a game (Virginia Tech A - Virginia C) with a scoresheet missing; I'll get it and upload a fixed version tomorrow.

Thank you to Josh Duncan, Abbie Brubaker, Eric Douglass, and Bryn Douglass for staffing, as well as all the UNC team members who staffed. This was my first time directing a college tournament (as well as my first time editing), and I look forward to hearing your feedback here and in the set discussion forum.
Ryan Rosenberg
North Carolina '16
ACF