VCU novice at uWaterloo (9/26)

Old college threads.
Deepika Goes From Ranbir To Ranveer
Rikku

VCU novice at uWaterloo (9/26)

Post by Deepika Goes From Ranbir To Ranveer »

The University of Waterloo will be hosting its semi-traditional mirror of the yearly novice tournament, VCU Novice, on Saturday, September 26th, 2015. I will be serving as TD. More information about this set, including all eligibility rules, can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=17650. We aim to be a little more liberal with allowing people on the wrong side of a couple of those eligibility rules to play, but it is the editing team's decision that matters.

Fees:

$15 per player.
-$5 per buzzer system.

To register for the tournament, email me at arajasek94 AT gmail DOT com. Or post here. Or Facebook me.

Logistics:

The tournament will start at 10 a.m. at location TBD, likely the 4th floor of MC. Please arrive in advance of that time. Bring buzzers, check in, and be ready to play before 10.

Teams (No field cap NEVER A FIELD CAP):
Toronto A
Toronto B
Toronto C
McMaster
Waterloos

So far, Colloid Bedard Jackes and Peter Cordeiro have had exemptions approved and will be playing VCU Novice. Also, a quick thank you to Nicholas Karas and Akhil Garg for helping organize this mirror.
Aayush Rajasekaran (he/him or she/her)
University of Waterloo, 2016
University of Waterloo, 2018
mhyee
Lulu

Re: VCU novice at uWaterloo (9/26)

Post by mhyee »

We ended up having only a single Waterloo team. Wilfrid Laurier University registered a team.

Stats are being posted here.
Ming-Ho Yee
Northeastern University
Formerly University of Waterloo
mhyee
Lulu

Post by mhyee »

Toronto A cleared the field to win the tournament. Paul (soloing as Toronto C) was the top scorer.

Final stats are posted here.
Ming-Ho Yee
Northeastern University
Formerly University of Waterloo
Peter13
Wakka

Post by Peter13 »

I would just like to say that I really enjoyed playing in this tournament and against the range of opposition (and especially pleased that after 10 years, Laurier had decided to resurrect their team). I would like to thank all the Waterloo people who helped to run and administer the tournament as well as Rico and Leslie for their contribution.
Peter Cordeiro
McMaster University, 2019 +/-1
Interim President of the ONQBA
Newest Accomplishment: SCT @ Waterloo - Scored over 40PPG on a Full Team