Delta Burke Mirror @ Jefferson CC - Louisville KY (11/21/15)

Old college threads.
prodski
Lulu

Delta Burke Mirror @ Jefferson CC - Louisville KY (11/21/15)

Post by prodski »

For the 4th year in a row, Jefferson Community & Technical College in Louisville Kentucky is pleased to announce we will be hosting a mirror of the Delta Burke tournament on Saturday, November 21st. This tournament has consistently drawn 8-12 teams. The global announcement can be found at http://www.hsquizbowl.org/forums/viewto ... =8&t=17891

Special thanks to Chris and the folks at Valencia for allowing us to do this again.

Eligibility
Since the Delta Burke is written primarily for Community Colleges, any Community College is automatically eligible to attend. We are trying to bring in all CC's within a large radius. However, with the lack of competing CC’s here in the Midwest, we will open this up to any team consisting of Freshman/Sophomores only. If you have an upperclassmen who is a novice, please contact us concerning eligibility. No “seasoned” upperclassmen will be permitted – we want this to be an enjoyable tournament for everyone.

Fees
Base fee: $120
Buzzer discount: -$10 per functional system (make sure it works please!)
Staffer discount: -$10 per functional moderator
Travel discount: -$10 per 200 miles one-way (from Google Maps)
-$10 for second team ($110)
-$20 for third team ($100)
Minimum team fee: $80

Teams (especially CC's) who have some financial difficulties please contact me and we will work something out.

Registration
If you plan on attending this tournament, please e-mail me at peter.rodski AT kctcs.edu. In the e-mail include a phone number at which a member of your team can be contacted on the day of the tournament. Posting in this thread is NOT sufficient for signing up. I will send you a confirmation email and further info if requested (hotel info, ect).

Logistics
The tournament will take place on the SW Campus of Jefferson Community & Technical College, in the Social Science Building. Parking will be ample and free. Awards for top teams and individual players (Last year Buffalo Wild Wings gift cards were awarded to teams and individuals). Lunch WILL be provided (as well as morning refreshments – coffee, juice, doughnuts, ect). Registration will begin at 8AM ET, with the tournament to start (hopefully) at 9AM. Campus map and directions here: http://www.jefferson.kctcs.edu/About_Us ... ampus.aspx

Field (10)
Jefferson CC A
Jefferson CC B
University of Louisville A
University of Louisville B
University of Lousville C
Central Alabama CC
Bevill State Jasper CC (AL) A
Bevill State Jasper CC (AL) B
Transylvania University (KY)
Cumberlands University (KY)

Any other questions feel free to email me.
Peter Rodski
Professor of Mathematics
CCCT Champions 2016
Jefferson Community & Technical College
Louisville, KY. 40272
prodski
Lulu

Re: Delta Burke Mirror @ Jefferson CC - Louisville KY (11/21

Post by prodski »

I'm happy to say the tournament went great without any protests or problems (except for the pizza guy circling the campus a few times with our lunch). Louisville A took 1st, followed by Transylvania 2nd and Louisville B 3rd. Bevill-Jasper A finished first among CC's, followed closely by Jefferson A and Central Alabama. Eric Hahnert (Louisville C) took scoring honors at 88.33 points per game, followed by Megan Graft (Transylvania) at 68.33 points per game. Lindsey Ward (Central Alabama) was the top CC scorer at 46.11 points per game.

Special thanks once again to Buffalo Wild Wings for donating gift cards for all teams. And thanks to the folks at Valencia for writing the questions.

Stats here: http://www.hsquizbowl.org/db/tournament ... standings/
Peter Rodski
Professor of Mathematics
CCCT Champions 2016
Jefferson Community & Technical College
Louisville, KY. 40272
ValenciaQBowl
Auron

Re: Delta Burke Mirror @ Jefferson CC - Louisville KY (11/21

Post by ValenciaQBowl »

I hope the players in Kentucky enjoyed the packets. I'd be happy to hear feedback on the (currently) private discussion forum; select "Delta Burke 2015 Discussion" in the "usergroups" area of your User Control Panel.
Chris Borglum
Valencia College Grand Poobah