Delta Burke at University of Rochester (11/21/15)

Old college threads.
thelion
Lulu

Delta Burke at University of Rochester (11/21/15)

Post by thelion »

I am excited to announce that the University of Rochester will be hosting a mirror of Delta Burke on Saturday November 21st 2015. The tournament will take place in Morey Hall. Registration will begin at 9:00 AM, with the tournament to (hopefully) begin by 9:30. The global announcement for the set can be found at http://www.hsquizbowl.org/forums/viewto ... =8&t=17891

Eligibility
This tournament will be open to any college undergraduate who has never been to or qualified for ACF Nationals or NAQT ICT. However, if you have an interested player that doesn't technically fit this description that you think could still be considered a "novice", feel free to ask about them being allowed to play. We will evaluate all such players on a case-by-case basis.

Fees
$100 base fee per team
-$10 per working buzzer system provided (no limit)
-$10 per staffer provided (ask us beforehand if you want to claim this discount, and we will let you know if staffers are needed)
-$10 per 200 miles traveled one way (as determined by Google Maps)
$25 minimum fee

Teams may have up to 6 players, with 4 playing at any given time. Players must stay on the same team for the entire day (e.g. no switching from the A team to the B team).

If financial difficulties would keep you from playing this tournament, we would be more than happy to work something out with you; just email us.

Payment
Payment is by cash or check only and will be expected the morning of the tournament before we begin (unless we have explicitly worked out other arrangements with you in advance).

Registration
Teams can register by emailing me at [email protected] with the number of teams you will be bringing, number of buzzer systems, and whether you would like to provide staffers. Please include "Delta Burke Registration" in the subject line. If you need an invoice to generate a check or have some similar issue regarding payment, please let us know that when you register.

We are setting a "soft" field cap of 11 teams, but may raise this if we get enough help with staffing and if we can reserve additional rooms.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to email me at [email protected]

Hope to see you there!
George Bastedo IV
University of Rochester '16
ValenciaQBowl
Auron

Re: Delta Burke at University of Rochester (11/21/15)

Post by ValenciaQBowl »

Hi, George! Is this mirror still happening? I hope so. Regardless, I e-mailed you about where you'd like the packets sent, so let me know.
Chris Borglum
Valencia College Grand Poobah
thelion
Lulu

Post by thelion »

Current Field:
(Teams/Buzzers/Staff)
UR: (1/2/n)
UB: (2/2/0)
RIT: (1/0/0)
George Bastedo IV
University of Rochester '16
ValenciaQBowl
Auron

Post by ValenciaQBowl »

I hope the players in Rochester (the city of my birth!) enjoyed the packets. I'd be happy to hear feedback on the (currently) private discussion forum; select "Delta Burke 2015 Discussion" in the "usergroups" area of your User Control Panel.
Chris Borglum
Valencia College Grand Poobah