Delta Burke at UMD (November 22, 2015)

Old college threads.
$5 Bits of Broken Chair Trophy
Lulu

Delta Burke at UMD (November 22, 2015)

Post by $5 Bits of Broken Chair Trophy »

Hello,

The University of Maryland Academic Quiz Team is pleased to announce our mirror of Delta Burke to be held on November 22, 2015. The announcement for the set can be found here: http://www.hsquizbowl.org/forums/viewto ... elta+burke. I, Sam Rombro, will be serving as tournament director. The tournament (as always) will be held in Jimenez Hall. Registration will begin at 8:30 AM, with round 1 beginning at 9 AM.

Eligibility
This tournament will be open to any college undergraduate who has never been to or qualified for ACF Nationals or NAQT ICT. However, if you have an interested player that doesn't technically fit this description that you think could still be considered a "novice", feel free to ask about them being allowed to play. We will evaluate all such players on a case-by-case basis.

Registration
To register for the tournament, please send me an email at [email protected] with the number of teams, buzzers, and staffers you intend to bring, along with travel discount information, if applicable.

Fees and Payment
The fee structure for this tournament will be as follows:
$100 base fee per team
-$5 per functional buzzer brought (TD will decide what is considered functional or not) (unlimited)
-$10 per approved staffer provided, and -$5 if the staffer brings a laptop (TD must approve all staffers)
-$10 per 200 miles traveled one way (as determined by google maps)
$25 minimum fee

Please make out all checks to "Maryland Academic Quiz Team." If you require an invoice beforehand, let me know and I will send you one. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me. Hope to see you in College Park!
Last edited by $5 Bits of Broken Chair Trophy on Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sam Rombro
Arizona '20
Maryland '18
Writer, NAQT (inactive)
Lulu

Re: Delta Burke at UMD (November 22, 2015)

Field (Teams/Buzzers/Staffers)
Gettysburg (1/0/0)
American (2/0/0)
Delaware (1/3/0)
VCU (2/6/1)
Total: (6/9/1)
Last edited by $5 Bits of Broken Chair Trophy on Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sam Rombro
Arizona '20
Maryland '18
Writer, NAQT (inactive)
Lulu

This tournament is still taking place, so email me if you would like to participate, we would love to have more teams!
Sam Rombro
Arizona '20
Maryland '18
Writer, NAQT (inactive)
Lulu

Prelim stats are now available. Please let me know if there are any corrections.
Sam Rombro
Arizona '20
Maryland '18
Writer, NAQT (inactive)
Lulu

Maryland A defeated Gettysburg in a one-game final to win the tournament. Thanks to all the teams that attended! Final stats are here.
Last edited by $5 Bits of Broken Chair Trophy on Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sam Rombro
Arizona '20
Maryland '18
Writer, NAQT (inactive)
ValenciaQBowl
Auron

Post by ValenciaQBowl »

I hope those who played here liked the questions. I hope you'll request to join the private discussion forum if you have any feedback. Click on your User Control Panel and then on usergroups and select "Delta Burke 2015." But whatever, y'all know. I'd love to know how bonus lead-ins castigating Republicans played for the field.
Chris Borglum
Valencia College Grand Poobah
Deepika Goes From Ranbir To Ranveer
Rikku

Post by Deepika Goes From Ranbir To Ranveer »

Kalevipoeg wrote:The announcement for the set can be found here: http://www.hsquizbowl.org/forums/viewto ... f=8&t=1789.
This tournament was played on a 2005 CO set??!
Aayush Rajasekaran (he/him or she/her)
University of Waterloo, 2016
University of Waterloo, 2018
Lulu

The grandmother is {wise, dead}. wrote:
Kalevipoeg wrote:The announcement for the set can be found here: http://www.hsquizbowl.org/forums/viewto ... f=8&t=1789.
This tournament was played on a 2005 CO set??!
I'm fairly certain when I wrote the announcement that the link was correct, but it's been changed now. Thanks for catching that!
Sam Rombro
Arizona '20
Maryland '18
Writer, NAQT (inactive)
Deepika Goes From Ranbir To Ranveer
Rikku

Post by Deepika Goes From Ranbir To Ranveer »

Kalevipoeg wrote: I'm fairly certain when I wrote the announcement that the link was correct, but it's been changed now. Thanks for catching that!
Haha, you're welcome! I was trying to poach the link to the original announcement for my own announcement thread, and Swiftly realised that 2005 CO /= 2015 DB.
Aayush Rajasekaran (he/him or she/her)
University of Waterloo, 2016
University of Waterloo, 2018
ValenciaQBowl
Auron

Post by ValenciaQBowl »

I'm going to assume that the complete lack of comments from anyone in this field is confirmation that this set is so awesome as to be beyond reproach. Yay!
Chris Borglum
Valencia College Grand Poobah