Stanford Housewrite @ Oxford March 5th 2016

Old college threads.
Æthelred the Unready Steady Cook
Lulu

Stanford Housewrite @ Oxford March 5th 2016

Post by Æthelred the Unready Steady Cook »

We will be mirroring the Stanford Housewrite on March 5th 2016 in Oxford. The venue is likely to be Magdalen College, but this is yet to be confirmed. There will be a Facebook page to follow shortly.
Sign-up is via this form. This helps me to see who gets in first and to make sure that no-one is forgotten. http://goo.gl/forms/0ZxTUqzwAB
The difficulty of this Tournament is Nats- so we plan to select teams so that there is one team to take on Oxford and so the rest are fairly well-rounded. The team cap is 6 at the moment but it is liable to change if we get a really great response from a lot of people. This also means registration is individual rather than team based. The cost is also yet to be decided but there will be no buzzer discounts as we have enough to run it on our own.

Any complaints please email me at [email protected]
Daoud Jackson
Oxford 2014-2018
President Oxford University Quiz Society 2016-7
Red Panda Cub
Wakka

Re: Stanford Housewrite @ Oxford March 5th 2016

Post by Red Panda Cub »

Oxford A went 9-1 and the open all-star team, Bayley's British Cream, was second with a record of 7-3, so no final was played. The top scorers were me, with 55.50ppg, Spence Weinreich with 38.00ppg and Mark Grant with 36.00ppg.

Many thanks to everyone for coming and to Chris Stern and his moderator team for ensuring the day went smoothly. Thank you also to the Stanford team for producing a very fun and accessible set!
Joey Goldman
Oxford '17
City, University of London '19
Red Panda Cub
Wakka

Re: Stanford Housewrite @ Oxford March 5th 2016

Post by Red Panda Cub »

Oops, I forgot to link to stats in the previous post: http://www.hsquizbowl.org/db/tournament ... /combined/
Joey Goldman
Oxford '17
City, University of London '19