2016 NAQT Northern California SCT: Saturday, February 6th

Old college threads.
matt979
Lulu

2016 NAQT Northern California SCT: Saturday, February 6th

Post by matt979 »

I am pleased to announce that the northern California site of the NAQT Sectional Championship Tournament will be UC Berkeley.

Location: UC Berkeley campus. Saturday, February 6, 2016. Teams and staff check in at Barrows 126 between 9 and 9:30 so that round 1 can start by 10.

Fees:

Base fees: $125 for the first team from a school; $100 for second or subsequent teams

Discounts:

$10 discount per working buzzer system (must accommodate at least eight players)

$5 discount per working clock or timer

$30 discount per experienced moderator

$20 discount (per team) for schools new to quizbowl (neither competed in nor hosted SCT in 2013 or 2014)

$20 discount (per team) for teams that travel 60 or more miles one-way (distance measured from your campus to UC Berkeley by Google Maps)

Payment will be taken at check-in on February 6th.

How to register: This tournament uses NAQT's online registration system. Register here or go straight to the Division I or Division II sign-up pages.

Current field

How to staff: If you are an experienced game official in the Bay Area, interested in reading or scorekeeping, and not already accounted for by a participating team's $30 discount per experienced moderator, please contact me directly. All staff will get not only my immense gratitude but also $30 (either through the aforementioned team discount or through cash paid on site).

I am grateful to the UC Berkeley Quiz Bowl Club, a student group acting independently of the University of California, for the physical location of the tournament. The student organization and I take full responsibility for the guests.
Matt Bruce
Harvard '96, Boston University School of Law '99
matt979
Lulu

Re: 2016 NAQT Northern California SCT: Saturday, February 6t

Post by matt979 »

(Note the edit to the above post to indicate Barrows 126.)
Matt Bruce
Harvard '96, Boston University School of Law '99