MUT at UTK (3/26/16)

Old college threads.
Unicolored Jay
Forums Staff: Administrator

MUT at UTK (3/26/16)

Post by Unicolored Jay »

This is the announcement for the Univeristy of Tennessee (at Knoxville)'s mirror of the Minnesota Undergraduate Tournament, to be held on Saturday, March 26th, in Knoxville, Tennessee. Information about the questions can be found here. UPDATE: Capping the field at 16 teams.

Location and directions:

The tournament will be held in Ayres Hall. Parking can be found in the Vol Hall parking garage, while free roadside parking can be found on Volunteer Boulevard. A map of the campus can be found here.

Fees and Registration:

Base Fee: $120
Buzzer Discount: -$5
Staff Discount: -$10. To claim this discount, transportation for the staffer(s) must be provided by the team.
Distance Discount: -$10 per 200 miles traveled, one way, determined by Google Maps

To officially register, email me at [email protected] with the number of teams, buzzers, and staffers you will bring. I also highly recommend sending me a phone number to contact you in case of an emergency. I will not take posts in this thread as official registrations.

On-site check-in will begin at 8:15 am until 8:45 am. I aim to start Round 1 by 9 am.

Payment:

Payment must be completed before the start of the tournament. We accept cash and checks only. Make checks out to "Jasper Lee" or "Quiz Bowl Team at UTK." You may mail me checks before the day of the tournament if needed.

Lunch:

The Student Union has places such as Chik-fil-A, Subway, and Qdoba. Going west on Cumberland Avenue will lead you to a lot more food options.

Any questions and registrations should be sent to my email, [email protected]. I'm hoping to see a lot of teams from the southeast in Knoxville!

Field List:

South Carolina (1 buzzer, 2 staff)
Georgia (1 buzzer)
Virginia Tech x2 (2 buzzers)
Western Kentucky (1 buzzer)
Kentucky x2 (2 buzzers)
WUSTL x2 (2 buzzers)

Interested:
Jasper Lee
University of Tennessee Health Science Center '21
The Ohio State University '14
Solon High School '10
Unicolored Jay
Forums Staff: Administrator

Re: MUT at UTK (3/26/16)

Post by Unicolored Jay »

I've updated my first post with the location of the tournament plus the current field. I'd like to see more teams sign up!
Jasper Lee
University of Tennessee Health Science Center '21
The Ohio State University '14
Solon High School '10