NAQT Toronto Novice @ U of T (IS-152) - March 5th, 2016

Old college threads.
Calculus?
Wakka

NAQT Toronto Novice @ U of T (IS-152) - March 5th, 2016

Post by Calculus? »

Hello Canada!

The University of Toronto will be hosting a mirror of NAQT IS-152 on March 5th, 2016. Times and locations TBA.

ELIGIBILITY

This tournament is intended for collegiate novices, and as such, no high school teams or players are eligible. Anyone (who does not break Rules 1 or 2) who has never played quizbowl before is automatically eligible. Other academic competition does not count as quizbowl for this rule. Players meeting one or more of the following criteria must apply to the tournament director (me) for special permission to play:

If you have already completed your fourth year of university (calculated from time in university, not credits). Time in a post-secondary high school program does not count.
If you have already completed your second year of university (calculated from time in university, not credits) and have never played in a pyramidal quizbowl tournament before. Time in a post-secondary high school program does not count.
If you have ever finished in the top 20 in scoring at PACE NSC or top 35 in scoring at NAQT HSNCT, or played on a team that finished in the top 16 at NSC or t-21 at HSNCT.
If you ever lead a team in scoring that made it beyond the first round of the HSNCT playoffs, or lead a team in scoring that made the top playoff bracket of NSC [the last two years, this has been the top 24 teams].
If you have ever scored at least 30 points per game at any college tournament.
If you have ever won any college tournament.

Anyone who does not fall into any of the four categories listed in Rule 4 is automatically eligible to play.

If you do fall into one of these categories and would like an exception, please email me at [meghan DOT torchia AT mail DOT utoronto DOT ca]

FEES

Fees for this tournament will be $60 per team, with the following set of discounts:

$-10 per staffer
$-5 per working set of buzzers
$-10 travel discount (for travelling more than 200 km one way)

Minimum fee: $20

FIELD AND OTHER STUFF

There is a soft field cap of 7 teams for this. If there ends up being more interest, I can increase it.

To register a team, please email me at the address given above. If you have any questions/comments/concerns about this tournament, please post them below.

Hope to see you all in March!

Current field:
*silence*
Meghan Torchia
President, University of Toronto Academic Trivia Club (2015-2018)
"Garlic 2: Around the World" LearnedLeague 1-Day 49th/1150 (96th %ile), February 9th, 2022
University of Toronto, 2018, 2023