Louisiana Open III at UL Lafayette (8/6/16)

Old college threads.
The Ununtiable Twine
Auron

Louisiana Open III at UL Lafayette (8/6/16)

Post by The Ununtiable Twine »

Greetings!

Louisiana Open III will be held on the campus of the University of Louisiana at Lafayette on Saturday, August 6, 2016. The tournament will start at 9:00 AM. This tournament will take place in Moody Hall and will use this year's D2 ICT set. Therefore, if you have heard either of this year's ICT sets in any way, shape, or form, you are ineligible to play. The tournament is otherwise open. This will also be accompanied by a mirror of Chicago Open Trash to take place on the day after.

The CO Trash mirror announcement can be found here:
http://www.hsquizbowl.org/forums/viewto ... 67#p318567

Fee structure:

$90 per team
-$5 per functioning buzzer system, limit two discounts (although we encourage you to bring more functioning systems)
-$5 per 100 miles travelled one way, calculated by Google maps. If teams are using multiple vehicles to arrive at the event, then I'll take the maximum number of miles traveled and apply the discount to that number.
-$20 per competent moderator, to be approved by me
Minimum fee: $60 per team

Field cap:

At the moment, we can do five teams, hopefully we can secure a couple more staffers to make this number go up a little. The cap also is different by the building. If this tournament is held in Judice-Rickels, the ultimate cap is 6. If it is held in Moody, the ultimate cap is 8.

Directions to either:
From I-10: take the Louisiana Ave. exit towards the University of Louisiana campus. Louisiana Ave. becomes Johnston St. after a couple of miles. Continue down Johnston St. about a mile until St. Mary Blvd., and take a left. Rex St. is the first street, pass it up and take a left onto Hebrard Blvd. Judice-Rickels is the first building on the right and Moody is a little further down the road on the left. The road isn't too long so you'll see it.

You can contact me at husbandofsamus at gmail dot com to register or join the list of free agents.
Last edited by The Ununtiable Twine on Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Jake Sundberg
Louisiana, Alabama
retired
The Ununtiable Twine
Auron

Re: Louisiana Open III at UL Lafayette (8/7/16)

Field (teams/buzzers/mods):
The Sund Also Rises (Sundberg/Ware) (1)
Tulane (1/0/1)
Outlaws of the Marshall (Marshall/Lloyd/Rosato) (1)
Louisiana Tech
Rice

Free agents:
Last edited by The Ununtiable Twine on Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jake Sundberg
Louisiana, Alabama
retired
fflman123
Kimahri

Post by fflman123 »

Tulane interest right now looks like one team and a staffer, I'll let you know if that changes
Alec Stewart

Lafayette High '13
Tulane University '17
The Ununtiable Twine
Auron

The Sund Also Rises (Jake Sundberg, Dargan Ware, Dwayne Edwards) go 8-1 to take Louisiana Open III. Outlaws of the Marshall (Kevin Marshall, Dominic Lloyd, Tyler Quebedeaux, Nick Rosato) go 6-3 to finish 2nd, and Louisiana Tech in third with a record of 5-3.

Prelim stats can be found here.
Combined stats can be found here.

Thanks to everyone for coming out to play and a special thanks to Thomas Credeur for reading all day.
Jake Sundberg
Louisiana, Alabama
retired