ACF Regs New England 2/4/06

Old college threads.
Rothlover
Yuna

ACF Regs New England 2/4/06

Post by Rothlover »

Hi, Brandeis will be hosting ACF Regs for New England on Feb 4th 2006. I am sure this makes your heart swell with joy in a Begninian manner. The event will either be TD'ed by me with an assist from our board members (CC bholden at brandeis dot edu on any e-mails to me regarding Regs).

Fees will be thus:

Base fee: $100
Experienced Moderators: -$10 each
Working Buzzers: -$5 or 10 each
Travel of 200 miles or more, as determined by yahoo maps: -$20

E-mail me regarding the fees for multiple teams and in cases where your funds are low or something, as you know, we accomodate everyone.

E-mail danpass at brandeis dot edu (and CC bholden) with q's and to register. We hope to see you all there, packet info is pasted below, remember all A and B teams need to write packets unless you get permission stating otherwise.
---
Packet info pasted from main announcement:

All A and B teams from schools that fielded a team for ACF Regionals 2004 or 2005 are required to submit acceptable packets of questions pursuant to the distribution and guidelines for this tournament. If any team wishes to compete without submitting a packet, they may do so at the cost of a $40 penalty, with our permission. Teams wishing exercise this option must contact me no later than January 13th.

Packet deadlines and accompanying fee adjustments are as follows:
December 23rd: -$30
January 6th: -$20
January 13th: +$0
January 20th: +$20

The broad distribution is the same as last year’s and is as follows:
Literature 5/5
History 5/5
Science 5/5
Religion/Myth/Philosophy 3/3
Fine Arts 3/3
Geography/Social Sciences 2/2
More Science, Lit, or History 2/2
Your Choice 1/1
A more specific subdistribution and formatting guidelines will be posted shortly, but these will not significantly deviate from last year’s. In addition to following the distribution, subdistribution, and formatting guidelines, questions must be written in accordance with Subash’s guidelines, available at http://www.dpo.uab.edu/~paik/acf/subash.html. ACF reserves the right to reject as unacceptable any packet that does not follow any of these stipulations. If you have questions as to the fitness of a proposed question or regarding the distribution or other question issues, please contact me. Please send completed packets to Matt. We are ready to accept packet submissions at any time. Please send those to Matt Lafer at [email protected].
----
Happy Holidays etc.
Dan Passner
Dan Passner Brandeis '06 JTS/Columbia '11-'12 Ben Gurion University of the Negev/Columbia '12?
Rothlover
Yuna

Post by Rothlover »

To update, we thusfar have 2 Williams and a BU (along with a house.) I take it the field will grow once more of the regional teams get their packets together.
Dan Passner Brandeis '06 JTS/Columbia '11-'12 Ben Gurion University of the Negev/Columbia '12?