Problems at the University of South Florida

Old college threads.
chippybreedlove
Kimahri

Post by chippybreedlove »

Post deleted
Last edited by chippybreedlove on Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chippybreedlove
Kimahri

post deleted
Last edited by chippybreedlove on Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leo Wolpert
Wakka

Post by Leo Wolpert »

Don't get me wrong, but what the christ?
Chris Frankel
Wakka

Post by Chris Frankel »

While you're here, can you explain this little blurb that's apparently been making its way through the rumor mill:

"A faculty rep at Nationals might have prevented the obvious, odious cheating at a tournament last year, when USF players had obviously read the questions and didn't share that intel with the other clubs."

(from http://mailman.acomp.usf.edu/pipermail/ ... 03533.html )
"They sometimes get fooled by the direction a question is going to take, and that's intentional," said Reid. "The players on these teams are so good that 90 percent of the time they could interrupt the question and give the correct answer if the questions didn't take those kinds of turns. That wouldn't be fun to watch, so every now and then as I design these suckers, I say to myself, 'Watch this!' and wait 'til we're on camera. I got a lot of dirty looks this last tournament."
grapesmoker
Sin

Post by grapesmoker »

Good times.

I obviously don't know what happened or how much of what's been posted is true, but it seems to me that these are things that need to be resolved internally. Dropping a dramabomb on a public forum is bad for you and your team because no-one else knows quite what went down and you all look like a bunch of small children fighting over some sort of delicious treat... or something.

Anyway, my point is that it's probably not a good idea to air your club's dirty laundry. However, now that it has been done, I eagerly await further details from anyone who has knowledge of what's happening in the Southeast circuit.
Jerry Vinokurov
ex-LJHS, ex-Berkeley, ex-Brown, sorta-ex-CMU
presently: John Jay College Economics
code ape, loud voice, general nuissance
chippybreedlove
Kimahri

post removed
AKKOLADE
Sin

Post by AKKOLADE »

chippybreedlove wrote:post removed
WHY
Fred Morlan
University of Kentucky CoP, 2017
International Quiz Bowl Tournaments, CEO, co-owner
former PACE member, president, etc.
former hsqbrank manager, former NAQT writer & subject editor, former hsqb Administrator/Chief Administrator
Skepticism and Animal Feed
Auron

Post by Skepticism and Animal Feed »

I knew I should have taken a screenshot.

In any event, I'm sure that enough Chicago people read this to make it an running gag at our practices for weeks to come.
Bruce
Harvard '10 / UChicago '07 / Roycemore School '04
ACF Member emeritus
My guide to using Wikipedia as a question source