Official ICT Hotel

Old college threads.
jagluski
Wakka

Official ICT Hotel

Post by jagluski »

I just wanted to let everyone attending the ICT know that I will be finalizing plans for the official ICT hotel in the next day or two, at which point, the information will be made available how to book rooms etc.

The hotel will be on St. Louis's MetroLink, which means that you can take the MetroLink from the airport to the hotel and then from the hotel to the tournament, so you shouldn't have to rent a car if you don't want to. The hotel will also be convienient to various restaurants and other activities in St. Louis.
Jeremy Gibbs Lemma
Rikku

Post by Jeremy Gibbs Lemma »

Drury Inn at Union Station, FTW ?
NotjustoldWASPs
Wakka

Post by NotjustoldWASPs »

Might I suggest the majestic Super 8 Motel Belleville: just walking distance from the Metrolink, and on your way to campus you can catch a glimpse of scenic East St. Louis.
Neel Kotra
WUSTL '10
jagluski
Wakka

Post by jagluski »

Kent B wrote:Drury Inn at Union Station, FTW ?

At this moment, doesn't look like it
Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN)
Chairman of Anti-Music Mafia Committee

Post by Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN) »

I will second the Belleville recommendation as a native of that glorious town, and will highly praise the new developments in O'Fallon and Fairview Heights as "jumping," although I can certainly understand wanting the hotel in Missouri.
Charlie Dees, North Kansas City HS '08
"I won't say more because I know some of you parse everything I say." - Jeremy Gibbs

"At one TJ tournament the neg prize was the Hampshire College ultimate frisbee team (nude) calender featuring one Evan Silberman. In retrospect that could have been a disaster." - Harry White
Not That Kind of Christian!!
Yuna

Post by Not That Kind of Christian!! »

If I go to ICT, I'll be the only Brandeis person there, and I'll be going on my own funding. With that in mind, is there anyone who might like to split a hotel room?
Hannah Kirsch
Brandeis University 2010
NYU School of Medicine 2014

"Wow, those Scandinavians completely thorbjorned my hard-earned political capital."
canaanbananarama
Wakka

Post by canaanbananarama »

HKirsch said:
If I go to ICT, I'll be the only Brandeis person there, and I'll be going on my own funding. With that in mind, is there anyone who might like to split a hotel room?
So, wait a minute, from what I hear, you're a GIRL, right? Deal. You're buying the liquor, though. Oh, and I'm choosing the music for our special night. Mike Bentley recorded 10 hours of quality Chris Ray snoring from College Park to Nashville on the Quizbowl Podcast. I'll try to replicate that memorable moment by pre-gaming my funk by taking a tour of a Japanese automobile factory and yelling "DOGPILE!" in front of some Redskins fans at the still going strong candlelight vigil for Sean Taylor. See you in East St. Louis,

Charles Meigs
Last edited by canaanbananarama on Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
vandyhawk
Tidus

Post by vandyhawk »

canaanbananarama wrote:HKirsch said:
So, wait a minute, from what I hear, you're a GIRL, right? Deal. You're buying the liquor, though.

Charles Meigs
Hilarity ensues...
DumbJaques
Forums Staff: Administrator

Post by DumbJaques »

that is proprietary snoring charles meigs i demand 10% of your prophets
Chris Ray
OSU
University of Chicago, 2016
University of Maryland, 2014
ACF, PACE
cvdwightw
Auron

Post by cvdwightw »

DumbJaques wrote:that is proprietary snoring charles meigs i demand 10% of your prophets
Oh Chris Ray you know you can't enter the Mukherjewish pantheon yet
vierrann
Kimahri

Re: Official ICT Hotel

Post by vierrann »

Hannah, here's a nonsketchy offer:

It looks like MIT is sending our ridiculous mess of a Div II team, of which I am the only female member...I'd be up for sharing a room with you. email me (abeck @ mit.edu) to work out details if you're interested?

annelise
annelise beck (MIT)