TRASHionals Free Agents

Old college threads.
answerguy
Lulu

TRASHionals Free Agents

Post by answerguy »

TRASHionals XII, to be held in Philadelphia on April 18-19, still has a full field.

However, there are at least a few teams reporting that they are short on players and are looking for people to play with them. As more teams send in their rosters and let me know if they're short, I'm guessing that there will be more teams short on players than the ones I already know about.

If you find yourself in a situation where you want to play but don't have a team in the field you're attached to, you could try going the free agent route. There are two ways of doing so.

1. You could contact TRASH, in this case, me, at dcanswerguy[at-sign]gmail[dot]com and ask to be added to the Free Agent registry that we're starting up. When more teams send their info in and the field really takes something close to its final shape, we'll publish the list of anyone who is looking to play but hasn't found a team yet. (This is probably the better way to go if you've got a team but aren't in the field yet and waiting for a team to drop, you could still express interest in going this route and we won't try to attach you to another team just yet.)

2. Alternatively, you could post here (or some other place frequented by trash players) and wait for the requests to come in if you prefer to handle things that way. It's up to you. (If you've made yourself well known among people who play trash tournaments and know for sure you have no team attached to you, this might be a quicker option.)
Tim Young
GWU Law School (1996-99)
Dartmouth College (1992-96)
TRASH functionary
Tournament Director, TRASHionals 2009
yoda4554
Rikku

Re: TRASHionals Free Agents

Post by yoda4554 »

EDIT: Decided to get Mets tickets instead, no longer available for this.
Last edited by yoda4554 on Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dave Letzler--Williams '06, Temple '08, CUNY and bastard teams '12ish
EncyclopediaCDRom
Wakka

Post by EncyclopediaCDRom »

I would also like to throw my chapeau into the ring as a free agent. My greatest quizbowl tournament win was at Ray Luo's movie open last July culminating the Chicago Open weekend. My three teammates were unable to secure funding for travel. Tim Young will offer an alternate team an official spot. If any team needs a fourth player who is also great at baseball, football, and TV history, please post here.

I just purchased my round-trip airfare between ORD & PHL. I will stay locally with a relocated Chicago friend, who should also be able to drive me back-and-forth. Phillies-Padres tickets remain available for Friday evening, perhaps still behind home-plate like ours. If the field is stuck at 34 teams, how about contraction to 32 teams if some teams are not yet at full-strength? During the off-season, six NASCAR Sprint Cup teams merged into three teams, and there were still five non-qualifiers this weekend at Fort Worth.

Looking forward to the IRL season opener at St. Petersburg,
Rom Masrour
CPS/UIC
Rom Masrour
president of RomNation at the races
2011 INDYCAR, 2012 NASCAR, 2012 GRAND-AM, & 2012 American Le Mans Series hard card holder
licensed crew member for car #51 in the 2011-2012 NASCAR Nationwide Series & car #15 in the 2012 GRAND-AM Rolex Sports Car Series
"I'm glad you were at Kentucky for Ed's win instead of me."
"Rommy is better known in the paddock than half the drivers are."
"Drivers love Rommy even more than Rommy loves them."
EncyclopediaCDRom
Wakka

Post by EncyclopediaCDRom »

I have accepted a gracious offer from Greg Weinstein to join his team, apparently to be named Little Jack Slade instead of something about the Dixie Chicks.

Remember the R.M.S Titanic,
Rom Masrour
Rom Masrour
president of RomNation at the races
2011 INDYCAR, 2012 NASCAR, 2012 GRAND-AM, & 2012 American Le Mans Series hard card holder
licensed crew member for car #51 in the 2011-2012 NASCAR Nationwide Series & car #15 in the 2012 GRAND-AM Rolex Sports Car Series
"I'm glad you were at Kentucky for Ed's win instead of me."
"Rommy is better known in the paddock than half the drivers are."
"Drivers love Rommy even more than Rommy loves them."