Question Integrity

Old college threads.
Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN)
Chairman of Anti-Music Mafia Committee

Question Integrity

Post by Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN) »

I'm very disappointed to have to make this post, but it seems we have to remind the community once again just how it is we preserve the integrity of the questions we write.

This is what you should do: everything in your power to make sure nobody outside of a tournament's editing team, non-playing helpers, and your packet collaborators can even pick up a hint of what the contents of your writings are.

This is what you should not do: post on the boards about how some teams didn't overlap with your editors packets. Do not ask your friends very thinly veiled questions about clues you want to use in a question in the future. Do not assume that just because the advantage possible is infinitely small, that it is not enough to not be worth concern over behaviors. Every single aspect of your question security should be as airtight as you can possibly make it, and to do anything less is simply irresponsible if you care at all about keeping tournaments fair. And most of all, don't argue with us when we point out to you how much this sucks, because it's unbearable and you are completely wrong.
Charlie Dees, North Kansas City HS '08
"I won't say more because I know some of you parse everything I say." - Jeremy Gibbs

"At one TJ tournament the neg prize was the Hampshire College ultimate frisbee team (nude) calender featuring one Evan Silberman. In retrospect that could have been a disaster." - Harry White