Best Team in the Mid-Atlantic Region in 2003-04

Old college threads.

Which was the best collegiate program in the mid-Atlantic region in 2003-04?

Poll ended at Sun May 23, 2004 12:19 pm

Maryland
45%
Princeton
41%
Other
14%

Total votes: 29

Dan Greenstein
Yuna

Best Team in the Mid-Atlantic Region in 2003-04

Post by Dan Greenstein »

For purposes of this poll, the mid-Atlantic region is defined as consisting of New Jersey, down-state New York, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, West Virginia, Virginia and North Carolina.
Chris Frankel
Wakka

Post by Chris Frankel »

I see as of now the votes are evenly split, though truth be told I'm sure our opinions will be set either way regardless of how it goes. Anyway, I think that there are arguments for both sides, as well as a comedy "Matt Weiner if he didn't spend all his money on old video games and pull out of tournaments" option ($10 says he voted for himself as one of the "other" votes), and the point wasn't so much to start a pissing contest as to condemn what I basically felt was an (whether intentional or not) unnecessary attempt at self-aggrandizement, especially on something that wasn't as clear cut as made out to be.

Whatever though, it sucked that we only got to play you guys once with both teams at full strength.
Dan Greenstein
Yuna

Post by Dan Greenstein »

Basically, while we have played each other several times this season, we have not played enough at full power to make a significant judgement on which team is the better team. I was hasty not only to make such a judgement, but also because two of our tournament victories in the region were at Princeton tournaments where you guys were not in action to challenge us. My attempt at self-aggrandizement was not intentional; rather, it was made to support how strong a team TJ is.
Matt Weiner
Sin

Post by Matt Weiner »

Chris Frankel wrote:$10 says he voted for himself as one of the "other" votes
I voted for Princeton based on a higher ACF Nationals finish. You can pay me in Chicago.
stumblecow
Kimahri

Post by stumblecow »

North Carolina is in the Mid-Atlantic region?
Joe Stanton

University of South Carolina Academic Team
pakman044
Rikku

Post by pakman044 »

Yeah it's slightly unusual to put us in a group with New York and New Jersey. I think Duke may have competed in that area of the country, but I doubt anyone else in the state has (although I don't know off the top of my head at the moment).

Patrick King