New Team in Metro Detroit Area

New high school teams looking for advice should post here.
StoneyCreekQuizBowl
Kimahri

New Team in Metro Detroit Area

Post by StoneyCreekQuizBowl »

Hey guys,

We are a new team from Stoney Creek HS in Rochester Hills, MI. As rookies/newbies, we are not sure where to go in terms of competitions. Are there any leagues or tournaments in the Metro Detroit area, especially Oakland County?

Thanks.
Simon Sun
President, Stoney Creek Quiz Bowl
Stoney Creek HS, Rochester Hills, MI 48307
Important Bird Area
Forums Staff: Administrator

Re: New Team in Metro Detroit Area

Post by Important Bird Area »

Welcome to the quizbowl community!

Your team should consider attending Detroit Catholic Central's novice tournament (October 19th) and the University of Michigan's Autumn Classic (tentatively scheduled for December 7th; contact [email protected]).
Jeff Hoppes
President, Northern California Quiz Bowl Alliance
former HSQB Chief Admin (2012-13)
VP for Communication and history subject editor, NAQT
Editor emeritus, ACF

"I wish to make some kind of joke about Jeff's love of birds, but I always fear he'll turn them on me Hitchcock-style." -Fred
Steeve Ho You Fat
Auron

Post by Steeve Ho You Fat »

Hi, Michigan State hosts several tournaments every year. If you PM me the Email address of a coach or other contact person for your team, I'll put you on the list, but, for now, we're planning on hosting a tournament using an HSAPQ question set on October 26. We're also planning on hosting two spring tournaments, one on January 18, another on March 22. You can take a look at this thread to see a full calendar of tournaments that have been announced so far in Michigan. If you're interested in our tournaments or you have any questions or anything else I can help with, please don't hesitate to PM me or Email our club at [email protected].
Joe Nutter
PACE Emeritus
Michigan State University '14
Walnut Hills High School '11
CGismondiCC
Wakka

Post by CGismondiCC »

Welcome,

As previously stated Detroit Catholic Central is hosting a novice tournament (viewtopic.php?f=1&t=14733) on October 19th. If you send me an email, we would be willing to wave the registration fee for a new team to quiz bowl. [email protected]
Christopher J. Gismondi, Detroit Catholic Catholic Central Head Coach