Starting a team at the University of Kentucky?

This forum is for anyone seeking advice on starting a collegiate team, branching out into new types of tournaments, or other "how-to" aspects of collegiate quizbowl.
Rahul0774
Lulu

Starting a team at the University of Kentucky?

Post by Rahul0774 »

Hello,
My name is Rahul Annabathula. I will be a Freshman next fall at the University of Kentucky. I have heard that the University had once had a quizbowl team. I am aware of an intercollegiate league within the state of Kentucky and am familiar with most of its members i.e. geographical location. I know that the University has a lot of talent. I have played with dozens of great quizbowlers who have gone on to attend UK. I'm not asking for any absolutes here. I'm just trying to garner interest in my quest to start a team. If there is anyone who is interested, please don't hesitate to reply.

Sincerely,
Rahul

User was reminded to add a signature.
Rahul Annabathula
The Piarist School '12
University of Kentucky '16
President, UK Quizbowl
AKKOLADE
Sin

Re: Starting a team at the University of Kentucky?

Post by AKKOLADE »

Hi Rahul!

I will be attending the University of Kentucky next year. I know that there are several other students who are already interested in starting a team, which I'd be more than happy to help out with. Once I get a bit more in the clear with other quiz bowl things, I'm going to start emailing people to try to get a plan together about this.

Feel free to email me, if for no other reason, so I can have your email address when I start contacting people. I'd be happy to answer any questions you have as well.
Fred Morlan
University of Kentucky CoP, 2017
International Quiz Bowl Tournaments, CEO, co-owner
former PACE member, president, etc.
former hsqbrank manager, former NAQT writer & subject editor, former hsqb Administrator/Chief Administrator
Rahul0774
Lulu

Post by Rahul0774 »

Thank you so much. I would love to help out in any way that I can.
Rahul Annabathula
The Piarist School '12
University of Kentucky '16
President, UK Quizbowl
The Ununtiable Twine
Auron

Post by The Ununtiable Twine »

Fred wrote: I will be attending the University of Kentucky next year.
We'll be happy to have you here in the good ole South, Fred. Also I'm happy to hear Kentucky would like to get a team going again, it's been forever since I played against UK.
Jake Sundberg
Louisiana, Alabama
retired