New Team

This forum is for anyone seeking advice on starting a collegiate team, branching out into new types of tournaments, or other "how-to" aspects of collegiate quizbowl.
delber6
Lulu

New Team

Post by delber6 »

Hello,

We have been working on starting a new team at Middlebury College and I was hoping that I could ask for some assistance. Should we be able to acquire the necessary funding for travel and other expenses, what would be some good tournaments to consider attending this year?

Thank you very much!
David Elber
Middlebury College
JamesIV
Lulu

Re: New Team

Post by JamesIV »

Welcome to the circuit!

Off the top of my head, Collegiate Novice and ACF Fall are the best places to start off. I don't think either has been announced in terms of locations for the Northeast, but I imagine it won't be too long. ACF Fall is going to be 3 November (http://www.hsquizbowl.org/forums/viewto ... =8&t=13156)
Spencer J. Weinreich
Bethesda-Chevy Chase High School, Class of 2011
Yale University, Class of 2015
University of Oxford, Class of 2017
delber6
Lulu

Post by delber6 »

Thank you very much! This is what I had been considering, so I look forward to getting more information as it becomes available.
David Elber
Middlebury College
David Riley
Auron

Post by David Riley »

David--both Vermont (Kevin Commo) and New Hampshire (Bill Murphy) have active high school circuits (though due to budgets they can't travel much) and it would be worth checking out if any of their recent alumni are at Middlebury. Check the "Northeast" forum under "National and Regional Comparisons" forums.
David Riley
Coach Emeritus, Loyola Academy, Wilmette, Illinois, 1993-2010
Steering Committee, IHSSBCA, 1996 -
Member, PACE, 2012 -

"This is 1183, of course we're barbarians" -- Eleanor of Aquitaine in "The Lion in Winter"