Jr. Wildcat VIII at Northwestern (March 4, 2017)

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Harpie's Feather Duster
Forums Staff: Administrator

Jr. Wildcat VIII at Northwestern (March 4, 2017)

Post by Harpie's Feather Duster »

Northwestern Quizbowl is pleased to announce another edition of the annual Jr. Wildcat middle school tournament to be held on Saturday, March 4th, 2017. This tournament is restricted to students from grades 6-8. I, Dylan Minarik, will be directing the tournament again this year.

Location: Jr. Wildcat will take place, as usual, on the Evanston campus of Northwestern. The tournament will be held in the newly-refurbished Kresge Hall.

Question Set and Format: We will be using the NAQT MS-21 Set for this tournament. Format will be 4-v-4 with 20 tossups, 20 bonuses, powers and negs. There will be no computational math. Format is TBA, but we would like to guarantee 8 to 10 games per team. Teams agree to play all guaranteed games when they register.

Prices and Payment:

The fee structure is as follows:
$90 per team
-$5 for a fully functioning buzzer set. Limited to 2.
-$15 for a moderator. Moderators must be able to finish a round in at least 30 minutes. I will also take one staffer discount for a statskeeper.

Register for this tournament by filling out this form. Any questions about the tournament or modifications to your registration should be sent by e-mail to [email protected]
You can pay for this tournament on the competition day by cash or check. We also accept checks by mail- please mail all checks to:

Dylan Minarik
630 Emerson Street
Room 127
Evanston, IL 60201

Please make all checks out to "Northwestern University."

Note: In order to ensure we get a diverse field, and since spots for this tournament are in high demand, I am currently limiting registrations to 2 teams/school. Additional teams will be placed on a first come, first serve waitlist. Once we hit our initial field cap of 24 teams, I will consider expanding the field after evaluating my room and staff situation.

Current Field:

Barrington Station x2
Barrington Prairie x2
Rockford Marshall x2
Keith Country Day MS x2
Quest Academy x2
St Raymond School x2
Alphonsius Academy x2
St. Thomas of Canterbury x2
Our Lady of the Wayside x2
Sunset Ridge x2
"Team Berning Eagles" x1
St. Mary's Visitation x2
Plum Grove x1

Field is current as of 2/15/2017

Waitlist:

Barrington Station x2
Rockford Marshall x1
Daniel Wright x2
Dylan Minarik

Hamburger University 'XX
Northwestern '17
Belvidere North High School '13

Member Emeritus, PACE

JRPG Champion, BACK TO BACK Robot Slayer
Harpie's Feather Duster
Forums Staff: Administrator

Re: Jr. Wildcat VIII at Northwestern (March 4, 2017)

Post by Harpie's Feather Duster »

Barrington Station B defeated Barrington Station A in a thrilling final to win this tournament. Team Berning Eagles defeated St. Raymond A for 3rd place.

More detailed stats to come when I find time- I'm currently buried under exams and projects, but they should be up in the next few days.
Dylan Minarik

Hamburger University 'XX
Northwestern '17
Belvidere North High School '13

Member Emeritus, PACE

JRPG Champion, BACK TO BACK Robot Slayer