2018 Ohio Middle School State Championship [MS-26]

Dormant threads from the middle school section are preserved here.
crbirdx

2018 Ohio Middle School State Championship [MS-26]

Post by crbirdx »

You are cordially invited to the 4th annual 2018 Ohio Middle School State Championship (NAQT-MS-26) @ OSU in Columbus, Ohio on Saturday April 7th, 2018. The initial field cap will be 16 teams, but I will try to open that up if there is interest and I can secure enough competent readers and rooms (pending availability from OSU).

Teams will be broken into 2 preliminary brackets of 8 teams each and will play round robin. At the conclusion of morning play, teams will be re-bracketed into 4 brackets of 4 to play another match with similar teams, with the top 2 teams at the conclusion of afternoon play for the tournament championship if needed. Every team will be guaranteed 8 rounds. There will be at least one MSNCT bid awarded.

FEES:
First Team: $50
Each Additional Team: $40
BUZZER DISCOUNT: -$5 per buzzer system, limit one per team that you are bringing.
MODERATOR DISCOUNT: -$10 for a competent moderator. Please let me know in advance if you are planning to claim this discount.
If your team has not played a pyramidal tournament between September 1, 2015 and September 1, 2018, you automatically qualify for the minimum entry fee of $40.
MINIMUM Fee: $40
If your team has economic hardships please email me and explain the situation and we can accommodate for further discounts if needed.

To register: https://www.naqt.com/schedule.jsp?ms=tr ... stal_code=

or for more information, please email cortney_bird [AT] olsd [DOT] us. I hope to see you in Columbus this April!

BONUS ANNOUNCEMENT: For those of you with high school teams, Chris Ray from OSU will be running the NAQT High School State Championship on the same day, also @ OSU.

This is an OQBA tournament.
crbirdx

Re: 2018 Ohio Middle School State Championship [MS-26]

Post by crbirdx »

Field update:

Copley-Fairlawn A
Copley-Fairlawn B
Miami Valley A
Miami Valley B
Northmont
Oakwood
Southern Meigs