MVS RAMS Middle School Set Available for Mirrors

Dormant threads from the middle school section are preserved here.
trbenedict
Lulu

MVS RAMS Middle School Set Available for Mirrors

Post by trbenedict »

This is a mirror announcement for Miami Valley Quiz Bowl's MVS RAMS set (Really Awesome Middle School). The RAMS set is inspired by the SCOP MS and Northmont NMMS sets of years past (which we also endorse for this year), and, like the latter, will be aimed at NAQT MS difficulty. I will serve as the head editor, and the questions will be written by myself, John John Groger, William Groger, and other members of the Miami Valley high school quiz bowl team. Our goal for this set is to secure high conversion rates across a typical MS field while also selecting interesting and relevant lead-ins to provide MS players with excellent study material once the set is posted to the packet archive. We hope that this set will serve you well in your search for a middle school set or easier HS novice set to mirror for your tournament or league.

RAMS will include 10 powermarked packets of 20 tossups and 20 bonuses, as well as an additional packet intended to be used for replacement tossups and bonuses. The set will debut at Miami Valley's Give Thanks for Matt's Buzzers tournament on November 10, 2018, and it will be ready for national mirrors on November 15, 2018. The mirror fee will be $10 per team playing the set.

The distribution of the set is below. Tossups will not exceed 5 lines and bonus parts/lead-ins will not exceed 2 lines in 10-pt. Times New Roman.

4/4 Literature
4/4 History
4/4 Science
2.5/2.5 Religion and Mythology
2/2 Fine Arts
1/1 Geography
1.5/1.5 Current Events and Pop Culture
0.5/0.5 Conceptual Math
0.5/0.5 Social Science and Philosophy

There will be no computational math in the set.

To schedule a mirror or ask any questions, please email tyler DOT benedict AT mvschool DOT com. Thanks for considering RAMS this season!
Last edited by trbenedict on Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Tyler Benedict
Miami Valley
trbenedict
Lulu

Re: MVS RAMS Middle School Set Available for Mirrors

Post by trbenedict »

Last edited by trbenedict on Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tyler Benedict
Miami Valley
trbenedict
Lulu

Post by trbenedict »

The RAMS set premiered yesterday at Give Thanks for Matt's Buzzers V! Stats are linked in the mirror post above. I'm going through the set right now to incorporate feedback from coaches and players at the Miami Valley mirror before the Decatur tournament this coming weekend. If you need a set to mirror at your middle school or novice high school event, please consider RAMS!
Tyler Benedict
Miami Valley
trbenedict
Lulu

Post by trbenedict »

Unless I hear from anyone else this week, the RAMS mirrors this weekend will be the last ones for this season. If you would like to mirror RAMS for your middle school or high school novice event, please get in touch with me before February 11! Otherwise, the set will be uploaded to the online packet archive by February 15.
Tyler Benedict
Miami Valley
trbenedict
Lulu

Post by trbenedict »

After a great last ride at North by North Gwinnett II, all MVS RAMS mirrors are done for the year. The packets have been uploaded to the online archive and will be available to the public after moderator approval.

We do plan to produce a RAMS II set for next year! If you would like to run a middle school or novice high school tournament next year and you need a question set, please keep RAMS II in mind.
Tyler Benedict
Miami Valley