All videos of Quiz Bowl

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
CPiGuy
Auron

Re: All videos of Quiz Bowl

Post by CPiGuy »

scquizbowl wrote:The Maine version of High School Quiz Bowl hosts their finals. Bangor and Falmouth.

https://www.facebook.com/HighSchoolQuiz ... 469982332/
IT'S MY SCHOOL... playing really, really terrible questions where you aren't allowed to interrupt!

Seriously, though, I'm going to visit right after HSNCT and read good quizbowl to anyone at the school who wants to, and hopefully I'll have enough time this summer to work with Michael Borecki on outreach and Bowdoin will get to host a tournament.
Conor Thompson (he/it)
Bangor High School '16
University of Michigan '20
Iowa State University '25
Tournament Format Database
CPiGuy
Auron

Post by CPiGuy »

I have made this edit of NAQT's video of MSNCT Round 20. It has been edited to contain a number of features that I think should ideally appear in a live quizbowl broadcast with unlimited time and technical capacity to prepare and produce. I do think this will be a good video to introduce people to quizbowl with, as it has the following properties:

-- the content is sufficiently easy that a member of the general public will be able to understand much, but not all, of it
-- the teams are strong and competing in the late playoff rounds of a national championship, so the game means something
-- the result is in doubt until the last question, and the game features an exciting comeback and finish
-- there are score bugs and reminders of what tossup is being read or who is being read a bonus
-- statistics and information about the teams are presented in the video for context

If you have any feedback about how these videos should be done differently, please let me know. I'm hoping to do the remaining MSNCT recorded rounds, as well as the ICT finals; this one took me about three hours, though, and it was on the shorter side, so I make no promises about how quickly I will get to them.
Conor Thompson (he/it)
Bangor High School '16
CPiGuy
Auron

Post by CPiGuy »

I've given the same treatment to Round 21, between Middlesex A and Longfellow A.

Unless something changes, I'll probably edit this post with any future edits.
Conor Thompson (he/it)
Bangor High School '16
A Dim-Witted Saboteur
Yuna

Post by A Dim-Witted Saboteur »

CPiGuy wrote:I've given the same treatment to Round 21, between Middlesex A and Longfellow A.

Unless something changes, I'll probably edit this post with any future edits.
These are great! Keep it up!
Jakob M. (they/them)
Michigan State '21, Indiana '2?
"No one has ever organized a greater effort to get people interested in pretending to play quiz bowl"
-Ankit Aggarwal
Strongside
Rikku

Post by Strongside »

Here is a video I recently found of a high school quiz bowl match involving me, Gautam Kandlikar, and Trevor Davis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDYszyL8ig8

This was part of Faceoff Minnesota. https://www.qbwiki.com/wiki/Face-Off_Minnesota
Brendan Byrne

Drake University, 2006-2008
University of Minnesota, 2008-2010
Charbroil
Auron

Post by Charbroil »

With another ICT coming up, local news stations are interviewing teams again. Here's the interview we did this morning:

https://fox2now.com/2019/03/27/washus-q ... -to-naqts/
Charles Hang
Francis Howell Central '09
St. Charles Community College '14
Washington University in St. Louis '19, 2x (President, 2017-19)

Owner, Olympia Academic Competition Questions, LLC
Question Writer, National Academic Quiz Tournaments, LLC and National History Bee and Bowl
Stained Diviner
Auron

Post by Stained Diviner »

Here is the 2019 Scobol Solo Final. Skip to about 19 minutes if you just want to see quizbowl.
David Reinstein
Head Writer and Editor for Scobol Solo, Masonics, and IESA; TD for Scobol Solo and Reinstein Varsity; IHSSBCA Board Member; IHSSBCA Chair (2004-2014); PACE President (2016-2018)