buzzer system repair

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
ndikkala
Lulu

buzzer system repair

Post by ndikkala »

Split from the 2015 HSNCT thread --Mgmt.

I have a somewhat technical question regarding buzzers lighting up. Some of our buzzers have lights that work but do not fit through the slot in the buzzer, because they have gotten loose inside the housing. It is still possible to see that the buzzer is lit up, just from a bit of an angle. Would this be considered acceptable by NAQT? This issue only affects 1-2 of the green buzzers.
GSMST '15
Communications Officer
dtaylor4
Auron

Re: 2015 NAQT HSNCT: May 30-31, Chicago

Post by dtaylor4 »

ndikkala wrote:I have a somewhat technical question regarding buzzers lighting up. Some of our buzzers have lights that work but do not fit through the slot in the buzzer, because they have gotten loose inside the housing. It is still possible to see that the buzzer is lit up, just from a bit of an angle. Would this be considered acceptable by NAQT? This issue only affects 1-2 of the green buzzers.
Given the time between now and HSNCT, have you considered having it sent in for repair?
ndikkala
Lulu

Post by ndikkala »

Actually, I never considered that there was a repair service at all for buzzer sets. Who would I have to contact to get them fixed?
GSMST '15
Communications Officer
coldstonesteveaustin
Wakka

Post by coldstonesteveaustin »

Depends on the maker of your system.

Matt Weiner wrote a post on this.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=15798&p=281030
Hidehiro Anto
Menlo School '14
UCLA '18

"Those who cannot remember 'Black Magic Woman' are condemned to repeat it." - Carlos Santayana
dtaylor4
Auron

Post by dtaylor4 »

ndikkala wrote:Actually, I never considered that there was a repair service at all for buzzer sets. Who would I have to contact to get them fixed?
Contact the manufacturer, and (assuming the company is above board) you should be able to have it repaired and sent back in a timely manner.
ndikkala
Lulu

Post by ndikkala »

Thanks for the link and for the advice on contacting the company. I plan on doing some fundraisers throughout the year and getting a third buzzer system is one of my priorities, because both of the systems we have are aging and one of them has a high-pitched buzz sound that annoys everyone who plays it/is in the room when it goes off.
GSMST '15
Communications Officer