Transportation

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
needhamquizteam
Lulu

Transportation

Post by needhamquizteam »

I need some advice on how to get to tournaments without a parent or coach driving us there.
Roger Ramesh
NHS 18'
Captain
High Dependency Unit
Yuna

Re: Transportation

Post by High Dependency Unit »

Well if you can't get driven your only options are either hiring someone or using public transportation. We have been able to take the train to a number of tournaments. It isn't necessarily as fast, but it's easy and it will work for you, if you have access to the train. You can use Amtrak for longer distances, and I know of at least one team that has used Greyhound before.
Michael Borecki
Middlesex Middle '13,
Darien (co-captain) '17,
Bowdoin College (club president) '21
Monstruos de Bolsillo
Wakka

Re: Transportation

Post by Monstruos de Bolsillo »

The problem with any intercity train is finding a train that would get you there in time for registration. That can be a challenge. We have looked at that option before, but have never used it. We did use local commuter rail once, though. It really depends on where you live, and how close the train stations are to both you and the place you are going to.

I'm not sure if this would work, but if there is another school close to you, going to the same tournament, you might be able to carpool with them. I'm not sure if it would work out with school districts and liability, but it's worth a try, I would think.
Alex Sankaran
West Chester '17-'21
Henderson (PA) '12-'16