Social Media Idea for Tournaments

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
1992 in spaceflight
Auron

Social Media Idea for Tournaments

Post by 1992 in spaceflight »

Hello quizbowl,

I want to share an idea I had a few weeks ago. I was watching a Facebook Live video made by a friend of mine, and an idea came to me-we could quite easily use Facebook Live to broadcast the opening meeting and/or the awards ceremony of a tournament on Facebook Live. I know there are some challenges with getting things filmed (getting permission from everybody, etc.), but I think this could be a fantastic game-changer. Can you imagine how awesome it would be to share a video of the awards ceremony at HSNCT or NSC?

I'd love to see some discussion about this. Hope to see if it's feasible to get this implemented.
Jacob O'Rourke
Washington (MO) HS Assistant Coach (2014-Present); MOQBA Secretary (2015-Present)
Formerly: AQBL Administrator (2020-2023); HSAPQ Host Contact; NASAT Outreach Coordinator (2016 and 2017); Kirksville HS Assistant Coach (2012-2014); Truman State '14; and Pacific High (MO) '10

Like MOQBA on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!
bolshevik
Lulu

Re: Social Media Idea for Tournaments

Post by bolshevik »

This was done at ACF nats this year (and may have been done in previous years idk)
Em Powers (they/them)
WUSTL 2023
1992 in spaceflight
Auron

Post by 1992 in spaceflight »

bolshevik wrote:This was done at ACF nats this year (and may have been done in previous years idk)
There's a difference between YouTube videos (which is where the ACF Nationals videos are, from 2012 on) and Facebook Live. Think about it. How many people have a Facebook page? And how many quizbowl organizations have a facebook page? The possibilities for Facebook Live is exciting to think about.

P.S. I do appreciate the ACF Nationals videos, Jerry!
Jacob O'Rourke
Washington (MO) HS Assistant Coach (2014-Present); MOQBA Secretary (2015-Present)
Formerly: AQBL Administrator (2020-2023); HSAPQ Host Contact; NASAT Outreach Coordinator (2016 and 2017); Kirksville HS Assistant Coach (2012-2014); Truman State '14; and Pacific High (MO) '10

Like MOQBA on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!
Corry
Rikku

Post by Corry »

1992 in spaceflight wrote:
bolshevik wrote:This was done at ACF nats this year (and may have been done in previous years idk)
There's a difference between YouTube videos (which is where the ACF Nationals videos are, from 2012 on) and Facebook Live. Think about it. How many people have a Facebook page? And how many quizbowl organizations have a facebook page? The possibilities for Facebook Live is exciting to think about.

I think Michael might have been referring to how my brother Kevin Wang broadcast a Facebook Live stream of the finals and awards ceremony at this year's ACF Nationals. It wasn't an official ACF thing, though.
Corry Wang
Arcadia High School 2013
Amherst College 2017
NAQT Writer and Subject Editor
bolshevik
Lulu

Post by bolshevik »

Corry wrote:
1992 in spaceflight wrote:

I think Michael might have been referring to how my brother Kevin Wang broadcast a Facebook Live stream of the finals and awards ceremony at this year's ACF Nationals. It wasn't an official ACF thing, though.
Yeah my bad. I was aware that Kevin's stream wasn't official but I was also under the impression someone else had been streaming it officially.
Em Powers (they/them)
WUSTL 2023
marianna
Rikku

Post by marianna »

PACE is exploring platforms, including Facebook Live, for livestreaming parts of NSC this year. More details to come!
Marianna Zhang (she/her)
Hunter '14 | Chicago '18 | Stanford '24
PACE