Free NAQT questions in new areas

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
jonah
Auron

Free NAQT questions in new areas

Post by jonah »

NAQT is offering free questions for high school and middle school tournaments anywhere more than 90 miles away from open HSNCT and MSNCT qualifiers (respectively) the previous competition year.

Maps are available showing what areas are eligible for free high school and middle school questions.

If you're interested in hosting a tournament in an eligible area, please fill out our online form (using your free naqt.com account) or contact [email protected].
Jonah Greenthal
National Academic Quiz Tournaments
AKKOLADE
Sin

Re: Free NAQT questions in new areas

Post by AKKOLADE »

I applaud NAQT for this move. This will help grow the game and I'm glad they're doing it.
Fred Morlan
University of Kentucky CoP, 2017
International Quiz Bowl Tournaments, CEO, co-owner
former PACE member, president, etc.
former hsqbrank manager, former NAQT writer & subject editor, former hsqb Administrator/Chief Administrator
the return of AHAN
Auron

Post by the return of AHAN »

This is awesome. I need to make Dave Knoepfle (Springfield, IL) aware of this development. Also, I'm curious what MS 'open' tournament occurred in the city of Chicago last year. Any insight on that dark circle?
Jeff Price
Barrington High School Coach (2021 & 2023 HSNCT Champions, 2023 PACE Champions, 2023 Illinois Masonic Bowl Class 3A State Champions)
Barrington Station Middle School Coach (2013 MSNCT Champions, 2013 & 2017 Illinois Class AA State Champions)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Important Bird Area
Forums Staff: Administrator

Post by Important Bird Area »

the return of AHAN wrote:Also, I'm curious what MS 'open' tournament occurred in the city of Chicago last year. Any insight on that dark circle?
I believe the dark circle nearest to Chicago is Northwestern's Junior Wildcat.
Jeff Hoppes
President, Northern California Quiz Bowl Alliance
former HSQB Chief Admin (2012-13)
VP for Communication and history subject editor, NAQT
Editor emeritus, ACF

"I wish to make some kind of joke about Jeff's love of birds, but I always fear he'll turn them on me Hitchcock-style." -Fred
the return of AHAN
Auron

Post by the return of AHAN »

THAT makes sense. The area on the map was darkened so much that it looked like it was downtown and thus there was some sort of open qualifier that escaped my attention. At least, that's what my heart WANTED to see. ;-)

Also, you should be receiving a phone call from the Springfield area to claim those questions.
Jeff Price
Barrington High School Coach (2021 & 2023 HSNCT Champions, 2023 PACE Champions, 2023 Illinois Masonic Bowl Class 3A State Champions)
Barrington Station Middle School Coach (2013 MSNCT Champions, 2013 & 2017 Illinois Class AA State Champions)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
jonah
Auron

Post by jonah »

the return of AHAN wrote:Also, you should be receiving a phone call from the Springfield area to claim those questions.
Yep.
Jonah Greenthal
National Academic Quiz Tournaments