Announcement: Delta Burke 2012--Nov. 9-10

Old college threads.
ValenciaQBowl
Auron

Announcement: Delta Burke 2012--Nov. 9-10

Post by ValenciaQBowl »

So Delta Burke will be happening in Orlando on November 9 and 10, open only to CC teams, which means that nearly no one reading this board need worry about it! So why do I post, you ask? Well, first, if you are affiliated with a CC and want to come play, please let me know. But more realistically, I wanted to let folks know it's available for your mirroring pleasure. For any mirror aimed at HS students, we'll charge $10/team, or for any aimed at non-CC college students, $15/team. As always, it's free for CCs outside Florida to mirror, and I think Jefferson CC in Louisville will be doing so, though that's probably it.

Nota bene: as always, the questions will likely include liberal bias, scatology, in-jokes, lead-ins in which the key answer noun isn't dropped within the first three sentences, insistence that Wallace Stevens is the greatest American poet, repeated references to Rick Scott as Voldemort, etc. So caveat emptor.

Anyway, let me know if you're interested.
Chris Borglum
Valencia College Grand Poobah
ValenciaQBowl
Auron

Re: Announcement: Delta Burke 2012--Nov. 9-10

Post by ValenciaQBowl »

The 15th iteration of the Delta Burke Invitational at Valencia took place this weekend. Paul Kelson serenely topped 150 ppg playing solo to go undefeated and win, allowing Chipola to take home the trophy for the foreverth straight year. There was a circle of death for second at 10-1 between Chipola White, Valencia Red, and Valencia Black, which we didn't break since there's no second place trophy and since college football was on. (Never fear: a dozen more packets were read at Wing House). Stats are here: http://www.hsquizbowl.org/db/tournament ... /combined/ . Thanks to Stan Young for posting stats and writing a bunch of late questions to fill out the distro, as well as to Billy Beyer for all the science, and to Dallin Kelson for his large contribution of questions.

I'll have the questions sent to the archive by tomorrow (November 13). I encourage folks to check out the questions and let me know what you think.

PS--Are there any other tournaments currently going that have run 15 consecutive years?
Chris Borglum
ValenciaQBowl
Auron

Re: Announcement: Delta Burke 2012--Nov. 9-10

Post by ValenciaQBowl »

Forgot to note that Paul Kelson grailed a round at Delta Burke, joining his brother Dallin on the list of solo players to have achieved this. I'll try to remember to update the "Grail" entry on qbwiki when I'm back to the scoresheets in my office and can provide details.
Chris Borglum