ACF is now accepting applications for automatic bids to attend ACF Nationals. The following teams are eligible to submit bids:
- Teams from clubs hosting ACF Regionals. Each such club will be granted no more than one automatic bid; if it wishes to send more teams, they must qualify as house teams “at the buzzer.”
- Teams with an ACF Regionals editor that are not hosting an ACF Regionals site.
- Teams that are more than 400 miles away from the nearest Regionals site.
- A proposed roster of up to four players.
- Links to results for tournaments at which your team competed this semester.
- Any other information that may be relevant.
Clubs that are hosting ACF Regionals may attempt to qualify additional teams for Nationals by playing house teams. However, such a team that is trying to qualify for Nationals (i.e., as the club’s B team or lower) may not contain any of the members of the roster submitted for automatic bid consideration. ACF expects that experienced team members will be staffing the tournament rather than playing.
Note that this process is completely independent from the packet-submission process for both ACF Regionals and ACF Nationals. If a team applies for an automatic bid and is denied, and would be required to write a packet to play ACF Regionals, it must still write the packet in order to play. Teams may submit packets on a contingency basis to take advantage of earlier packet deadlines; if they end up not playing the tournament, these packets will be treated as freelance submissions.
If you have any questions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or post them in this thread.