Florida Gateway College is pleased to announce a mirror of the VCU Novice on October 10th. The tournament will begin at 10 AM with check-in starting at 9:30 in Building 008 (Galloway Hall).Fees:
The cost is $20 per player (max of $80 for a team up to 6 players). If you have 7 players you should just make a team of 3 and a team of 4. No Discounts because I'm buying lunch for all players, coaches and workers.Elligibility:
1. All ACF eligibility rules apply, except when they contradict the rules below.
2. This is a tournament for introducing collegiate novices to quizbowl. Consequently, no high school teams or players are eligible.
3. Anyone (who does not break Rules 1 or 2) who has never played quizbowl before is automatically eligible. Other academic competition does not count as quizbowl for this rule.
4. Players meeting one or more of the following criteria must apply to the head editor for special permission to play:
i. If you have already completed your second year of college (calculated from time in college, not credits). Time in a post-secondary high school program does not count.
ii. If you have ever finished in the top 20 in scoring at PACE NSC or top 35 in scoring at NAQT HSNCT, or played on a team that finished in the top 16 at NSC or t-21 at HSNCT.
iii. If you ever lead a team in scoring that made it beyond the first round of the HSNCT playoffs, or lead a team in scoring that made the top playoff bracket of NSC [the last two years, this has been the top 24 teams].
iv. If you have ever scored at least 30 points per game at any college tournament.
v. If you have ever won any college tournament.
5. Anyone who does not fall into any of the four categories listed in Rule 4 is automatically eligible to play.
6. Even if one of the rule 4 categories applies to you, you may still be able to play! Email Cody Voight at email@example.com
to apply for special dispensation. To apply: 1) state which of the rule 4 points would render you otherwise ineligible; 2) list when and how you achieved any of the accomplishments that led to your being otherwise ineligible; and 3) state succinctly why you want to play.Registration:
Please email me with numbers of teams, workers and buzzers you can bring. (I need to know a ceiling on the numbers by Sept 25th to order lunch)
james dot givvines at fgc dot edu
FGC 2 teams
Valencia 3 Teams
CCF 2 teams
Chipola 2 teams
SCF 1 team
NWFSC 1 team
UF 2 teams
UCF 1 team
New College of Florida 3 teams (down from the 4 they originally thought)
Santa Fe 1 team
South Georgia State College 1 team
South Florida State College 1 team(current total 20 teams)