MLK Mirror @ UCF (Jan 16, 2016)

Old college threads.
sonstige
Wakka

MLK Mirror @ UCF (Jan 16, 2016)

Post by sonstige »

The University of Central Florida plans to host a mirror of Michigan's MLK tournament on Saturday, January 16, 2016.

The intended difficulty of this tournament is slightly below that of 2014 Penn Bowl; more information on the tournament can be found here.

This is a closed collegiate event and eligibility guidelines for this tournament are the same as those for ACF events.

Any 4-year school and community college teams are welcome to attend.

Location and Time:

Games will take place on UCF's main campus ---- in the UCF student union.

Teams should plan to arrive between 9:00-9:300 AM the day of the tournament, with an expected start time of 9:45 AM. For rounds, I'll plan to use ACF's recommended tournament structure based on the number of teams in attendance (10 round minimum).

NOTE: Parking at UCF can be tricky, so please plan accordingly. Free parking is available in Parking Garage F (see the campus map here).

Fees and Payment:

$100 base fee

$10 discount for each capable moderator with working laptop
$10 buzzer discount
$10 travel discount for every 125 miles traveled one way (driving distance per Google maps; or, per airfare itinerary for anyone who might fly to sunny Orlando for this)

The minimum fee is $50.

Please bring payment on the day of the tournament in the form of cash or a check made out to me (Travis Vitello).

I'll print receipts the day of the tournament.

Please send me an e-mail at tvitello AT knights.ucf.edu with the # of teams, staffers, and buzzers you plan to bring and/or post in this thread.

A logistics e-mail will be sent out to the registered teams as the tournament approaches.

Field:

UCF - 2 teams
UF - 4 teams
New College - 2 teams
Last edited by sonstige on Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:59 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Travis Vitello
University of Florida '08
The Ohio State University '14
University of Virginia '21
Georgia Tech '26 (anticipated)
ex-Writer, NAQT
sonstige
Wakka

Re: MLK Mirror @ UCF (Jan 16, 2016)

Post by sonstige »

I'm going to say the cap for this is 9 teams, which I don't think will be an issue. As said in the original post, I'll update once rooms are reserved but we're targeting the student union for this.
Last edited by sonstige on Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Travis Vitello
ex-Writer, NAQT
sonstige
Wakka

Post by sonstige »

So an update (finally!): after some delay on the UCF admin side, we got things resolved room-wise. We'll be at the UCF student union. Plan to be there between 9:00-9:30 AM. My original post will be updated accordingly.

Note that free parking is available in Garage F (note, however, that there is a home basketball game later that day --- I'm not positive if that'll affect parking in F, but be cautious in case it does; if so, there may be paid parking available elsewhere on campus).
Travis Vitello
ex-Writer, NAQT
sonstige
Wakka

Post by sonstige »

We had 8 teams come out (4 UF, 2 New College, and 2 UCF house teams).

Final results are found here.

Thanks to everyone who came out, and especially to our staffers (Harlea, Sean, Ian, and Virginia)!
Travis Vitello
ex-Writer, NAQT