Spring Undergraduate Novice (SUN) Announcement

Old college threads.
Jewish Pugilist
Lulu

Spring Undergraduate Novice (SUN) Announcement

Post by Jewish Pugilist »

I am happy to announce the Spring Undergraduate Novice, a collegiate novice tournament produced by members of the University of Florida, New College, and University of Central Florida clubs. Writers for SUN include Taylor Harvey, Katia Diamond, Cody Johansen, Jonathen Settle, Alex Shaw, Alex Koutelias and myself. Chris Borglum has agreed to help edit and make sure we stay true to the ACF Fall minus difficulty we hope to attain. Charles Hang has been playing a similar role, so a shout out to him as well. The tournament will include 11 power-marked packets and the main site will be held in March 25th at UF.

Eligibility: The tournament’s target audience are freshman and sophomores in college with limited Quizbowl experience. The main site will likely restrict it to underclassmen in four year schools and Community Colleges. If mirrors are held, the eligibility rules can be changed to suit the site’s needs.

Distribution:
4/4 Lit [1/1 American, 1/1 Brit, 1/1 Euro, .5/.5 World .5/.5 Misc]
4/4 History [1.25/1.25 American, 1.5/1.5 Euro, 1.25/1.25 World and Ancient]
4/4 Science [ 1/1 Chem, 1/1 Physics, 1/1 Biology, 1/1 Other]
2.5/2.5 Fine Arts
1/1 Religion
1/1 Myth
1/1 Phil
1/1 Social Science
1/1 Trash
.5/.5 Geo

Mirrors: If anyone is interested in mirrors or has questions, please contact [email protected]. The mirror fee will be 5 dollars per player. The timeline for playing SUN is flexible, and likely will extend through this coming summer.
Last edited by Jewish Pugilist on Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Torres
University of Central Florida 2014-2019
Jewish Pugilist
Lulu

Re: Spring Undergraduate Novice (SUN) Announcement

Mirrors
Virginia Tech (Early October)
Canada (Late September)
Rock Bridge HS Pre-Nats Tournament (May 13th)
Last edited by Jewish Pugilist on Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Peter Torres
Sigurd
Lulu

Post by Sigurd »

Are you open to having mirrors on this set as late as September? (i.e. Having it during the usual collegiate novice timeframe)
Isaac Thiessen
Martingrove CI 2015
Waterloo 2020
Jewish Pugilist
Lulu

Sigurd wrote:Are you open to having mirrors on this set as late as September? (i.e. Having it during the usual collegiate novice timeframe)
I would be open to this; I have talked to the likes of Jay and Aayush briefly about the set but not much more. Feel free to rename it though if you have a site as only the last two letters will be accurate.
Peter Torres