2017 NAQT Sectionals Southwest @ UC San Diego (02/04/2017)

Old college threads.
Jason Cheng
Rikku

2017 NAQT Sectionals Southwest @ UC San Diego (02/04/2017)

Post by Jason Cheng »

Quiz Bowl at UCSD is pleased to announce the Southwest site of the NAQT Sectional Championship Tournament on February 4, 2017.

Location: This tournament will take place at UC San Diego, most likely in either the Humanities and Social Sciences or Center Hall buildings as usual. Explicit confirmation as well as directions and a map will be sent out to registered teams prior to the tournament. Plenty of convenient, free parking is available adjacent to either of those two locations.

Fees:

Base fees: $125 for the first team from a school; $100 for second or subsequent teams

Discounts:

$10 discount per working buzzer system (must accommodate at least eight players)

$5 discount per working clock or timer

$30 discount per experienced moderator

$45 discount (per team) for schools new to quizbowl (neither competed in nor hosted SCT in 2015 or 2016)

$20 discount (per team) for teams that travel 60 or more miles one-way (distance measured from your campus to UC San Diego by Google Maps)

Payment will be taken at check-in on February 4th.

How to register: This tournament uses NAQT's online registration system. Register here.

Current field

We hope to see you there!
Jason Cheng
Arcadia High School 2013
UCSD 2017
thedodgerswin
Lulu

Re: 2017 NAQT Sectionals Southwest @ UC San Diego (02/04/201

Post by thedodgerswin »

The NAQT server is not allowing me to register for this tournament. Can you get around it and allow one team from CSUN to register for this tournament? Thanks.
Steven - Chicago Quizbowl
Important Bird Area
Forums Staff: Administrator

Post by Important Bird Area »

Done (and please send me details of the error that you encountered).
Jeff Hoppes
President, Northern California Quiz Bowl Alliance
former HSQB Chief Admin (2012-13)
VP for Communication and history subject editor, NAQT
Editor emeritus, ACF

"I wish to make some kind of joke about Jeff's love of birds, but I always fear he'll turn them on me Hitchcock-style." -Fred
Eddie
Rikku

Post by Eddie »

UC San Diego A went 12 - 0 in a quadruple round robin to claim first place in Division I. Full stats are available here.

UC San Diego B went 10 - 0 in a double round robin to claim first place in Division II. Full stats are available here.

Thank you to Claremont, CSU Northridge, UC Irvine, UC Los Angeles, UC San Diego, and USC for coming out for a wonderful day of quizbowl.
Eddie
he/him/his/hine
UCSD, UCLA