OAT Mirror @ ND

Old college threads.
bronispartnerincrime2015
Kimahri

OAT Mirror @ ND

Post by bronispartnerincrime2015 »

Hi everybody,

I have just gotten permission from the good people at Oxford to run a mirror of their Oxford Open Packet (technically). OAT is just a slightly edited version to make it more playable to an American audience. The Quizbowl Club here at Notre Dame would like to hold a tournament here on Campus sometime in April. I realize that ICT and ACF Nats are both around that time (the 8th and the 22/23 respectively) so we would like to plan around those in order to allow as many teams as possible to come. If you would be interested in coming leave a post here or message me directly and feel free to suggest what date would work best for your club. If we can get an idea of how many teams are coming, we can quickly flesh out definite details for a date and other specifics.

EDIT: In response to requests about tournament details, This tournament is an open and there is currently only one other location in the US right now (NYU).
Thank you so much for your time.

EDIT 2 ELECTRIC BOOGALOO: We are currently checking with other teams in the area to see who would be interested, we would look to get about 10-12 teams interested before we confirm details but we will keep y'all updated as we move forward.

EDIT 3: Due to a lack of interest I am gonna say that we cannot hold the tournament on either day, there just were not enough positive responses from teams for me to continue holding the packet and the date. I hope I am not disappointing anyone too much, but there are other options available for the dates given and I hope that everyone can find something to fill their schedule. As such I am emailing the Oxford guys to open the Midwest back up to any school who would want to host a tournament on this packet. Again sorry for the inconvenience.
Joseph Levano
Last edited by bronispartnerincrime2015 on Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
Joseph Levano Kellenberg '15 Player
Judson Laipply
Rikku

Re: OAT Mirror @ ND

Post by Judson Laipply »

Preference for April 1 and 15. April 1 is better because it can be a tuneup for both nationals.

An informal poll of the Chicago team suggested we can field one team (of people who didn't play the oxford site). Formal polling might get a second team.
James L.
Kellenberg '10
UPenn '14
UChicago '20
Harpie's Feather Duster
Forums Staff: Administrator

Post by Harpie's Feather Duster »

Northwestern would definitely be interested in an April 1 tournament and possibly in an April 15 one.
Dylan Minarik

Hamburger University 'XX
Northwestern '17
Belvidere North High School '13

Member Emeritus, PACE

JRPG Champion, BACK TO BACK Robot Slayer
Ciorwrong
Tidus

Post by Ciorwrong »

April 1 should work for MSU. Just a heads up though: U-M is hosting NAQT Michigan that day.
Harris Bunker
Grosse Pointe North High School '15
Michigan State University '19
UC San Diego Economics 2019 -

at least semi-retired
Tejas
Rikku

Post by Tejas »

To clarify, will this mirror be open?
Tejas Raje
Cornell '14
Aaron's Rod
Sec. of Cursed Images, Chicago SJW Cabal

Post by Aaron's Rod »

I have a good friend at Notre Dame (oh no, quizbowl tourism!) and could staff. I'd prefer the 1st.
Alex D.
ACF
http://tinyurl.com/qbmisconduct

"You operate at a shorter wavelength and higher frequency than most human beings." —Victor Prieto