ACF Nationals Qualification A-Values

Old college threads.
t-bar
Tidus

ACF Nationals Qualification A-Values

Post by t-bar »

A-values for ACF Nationals qualification are now available at the following link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... iFyQo/edit.

As the spreadsheet explains, teams highlighted in purple, blue, yellow, or green have qualified for ACF Nationals. Our tentative field cap is 42 teams, though this is subject to change. In order to quickly offer ACF Nationals spots to as many teams as possible, this year we are asking every team that played ACF Regionals to confirm whether or not they would accept a bid to ACF Nationals if it were offered to them. To do so, please head over to the following Google form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... g/viewform. If qualified teams decline their bids, we will grant bids to more teams in declining order of A-value.

We will be contacting teams that have accepted Nationals bids to notify them officially and discuss registration, but for the time being you can figure out your status from the above spreadsheet. If you have any questions, please post here or email me.
Stephen Eltinge
Then: TJ, MIT, Yale, PACE, NAQT
Now: ACF
Fado Alexandrino
Yuna

Re: ACF Nationals Qualification A-Values

Post by Fado Alexandrino »

Are the numbers in the calculations available for everyone to see like they are for NAQT D-values?
Joe Su, OCT
Lisgar 2012, McGill 2015, McGill 2019, Queen's 2020
t-bar
Tidus

Post by t-bar »

raffi_-_c-a-n-a-d-a.mp3 wrote:Are the numbers in the calculations available for everyone to see like they are for NAQT D-values?
Sure; I've added a second sheet ("Calculations") with more detailed statistics to the document posted above. If anyone notices any incorrect data on this sheet, please let me know.
Stephen Eltinge
theMoMA
Forums Staff: Administrator

Post by theMoMA »

I just want to point out that Stephen has done a lot of work getting these bids up; make sure to drop him a line to say thanks if you have the chance.
Andrew Hart
Minnesota alum
grapesmoker
Sin

Post by grapesmoker »

Get those bids while they're hot to make logistics planning easier!
Jerry Vinokurov
ex-LJHS, ex-Berkeley, ex-Brown, sorta-ex-CMU
presently: John Jay College Economics
code ape, loud voice, general nuissance
t-bar
Tidus

Post by t-bar »

While checking over the A-value calculations, I noticed some typos which led to errors in the calculations for certain teams' strength of schedule (SOS) correction. This resulted in a small A-value change for every team (due to a change in the overall average SOS), as well as some more substantial A-value shifts for more directly affected teams. The spreadsheet linked above has been updated to include the corrected numbers.

The effects of these corrections are small for the most part, with one important exception. Amherst A, which was previously in the range for qualification on A-value, has moved down four spots, falling out of the current qualification range and allowing Rutgers to move into this range. If qualified teams decline their bids, this may not have any effect, but for the time being Rutgers should be considered as qualified for Nationals and Amherst should not be. I will be contacting both teams privately to discuss this further.

I apologize for the confusion stemming from this error. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me.
Stephen Eltinge